Your Old Projects/Current

Roach

Oh lord, I should not have found this thread. This sent me on a massive nostalgia trip...

Well, I had a few truck series (I wanna say Mystic ran for 13 or 14 trucks), but the one that actually matters when I got better at the game and started doing reasonably well was Vengeance. It's the truck where I won my only major championship and (even though I find this hard to believe looking back) actually ran for more than 2 years. Before I post these, please know that I know how god awful the paint jobs were. I've never been good at painting trucks. Hell, go look at some of the stuff I did when I first moved over to RoR. It's terrible. But I did make something, and I loved the trucks either way. The biggest thing about the Vengeance series is they were all based off the same custom-built frame that was a mix between a Patrick and racesource.

Vengeance 1:

vengeance1byrunt9.jpg

This was the beginning. It started around the time I tried to do SRDS and really was all about how terrible my reputation had become and how I wanted to lift it out of the crapper. It seemed smart in my 13 year old mind, but that's beside the point.

Vengeance 2:

vengeance2-4.jpg

A bit better, and this is where "Vengeance Man" started (the guy with the purple sword)

Vengeance 3:

vengeance3byrunt9.jpg

This was an interesting one. I tried to pull off chrome flames, and it actually turned out to not be too terrible. A bit more blending and it could've been much better

Vengeance 4:

veng4.jpg

Vengeance 4, while being one of the better looking ones, didn't last very long. I didn't much care for the way it looked, even though looking back on it I find it to be one of the better looking Vengeance trucks.

Vengeance 5:

veng5-2.jpg

PPRL World Finals 3 Racing Champion Vengeance 5. Far and away my proudest moment in the game. IIRC this was a 24 truck field, and this was arguably the peak of competition in MTM2. The drivers were incredibly quick and consistent, from Collard to Payne to Robson and so on. It made me quite happy to take the win, and the fact I did it in the Vengeance line made it that much more meaningful to me. This was far and away the longest lasting of the Vengeance line, as it was built only 10 months after Vengeance 1, but it was over a year between this truck and Vengeance 6. Granted, there were a lot of other side projects between the two, such as Biohazard, but still. Vengeance 5 carried my one and only major title flag in MTM2

Vengeance 6:

vengeance6byrunt9.jpg

This was probably one of my most iconic trucks in MTM2. Even though it's the newest, it has more downloads on mtm2.com than the rest of the series. This truck, although it never won a championship, took me to numerous racing event wins throughout the many leagues running at the time. This was the first time since Super 7 (heh, anyone remember that crap?) that I was accused of having a cheat truck. I spent literally days fine tuning the handling on this truck, running numerous passes around different styles of tracks, in order to get it to fit like a glove. I knew my racing style, and I wanted something that fit it. It was a solid freestyler, but that's not what it was about. Vengeance 6 was all about winning in racing, and it did that well. It was damn near unbeatable, but it never won a title like Vengeance 5 did.

And of course Vengeance 7 was built when I came to RoR.

• 1 month later...

Got a few more done lately, figured I'd share

T-MAXX_01_zps3e5dcfb6.png

A custom Traxxas truck I made for a guy who makes an MTM2 Monster Jam series on Youtube

MUDD_01_zpsbb78b9c3.png

A Custom Mud truck I'm calling Down 'N Dirty, unpainted as of now

MANDUSA_2_zps6b08ab20.png

Madusa. Need I say more?

K_KONG-1_zpsf68a8a00.png

King Kong 3 Work in progress

Iron_Reaper-1_zps8c8fc611.png

The Iron Reaper GMC. Really like this one

Eradicator_13_zps45e6dbd6.png

A custom Eradicator based on the Hot Wheels version

13BACKDRAFT_zps73af54c0.png

The 2013/14 Backdraft, released in a pack with Eradicator

2014_Rampage_zpsad642cd9.png

And lastly, a custom Rampage.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/27/2013 at 11:13 AM, mdemko said:

And here is one of my favorite projects. Jet did the paint and Scott "razorbear" did the chassis(bottom picture). I don't even remember what I contributed lol.

4301E378-AC00-4689-A947-2FF937C07216-226

713060B9-08BD-42A5-8B50-61AD4D72BBBE-226

DA0E6B19-F449-458D-8B70-A5B9A6A5BFBD-226

10E23A84-086F-42E1-BBC7-A86EE2767C9A-226

C55E6451-4A9D-4D6B-ADCB-69A1C3AD41B0-226

This last one was a repaint of big dummy that frank did for 4WP that I was working on.

some one needs to make a ROR version of this truck errrrmagerrrddd