Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RockCrwlr

Track Textures

Question

30 answers to this question

I use these metal textures to apply various overlays/soft-lights to many objects on my tracks.

metal3.jpg

metal5.jpg

metal6.jpg

metal7.jpg

metal8.jpg

You use those metals for the jumps? Or sides. Because the jumps might be an idea if you dont do that. Ill try and yea maybe so tarps. Thanks for you textures btw

I do very light softlights with metals on dirt and concrete mostly. However, you must make sure that they are duplicated from a smaller size and lined up correctly for it to work properly. Just using 1 metal texture overlayed, etc, will make the texture look horrible. Never use a hardlight with the metal. Who cares if I have done it or not. I put these textures up so people can make their tracks look better.

Here is my tarp. You can change the hue of it to make it different colors:

RedTarp.png

Also here is a blank banner I made if you guys want to use it as a background for your banners:

blankbanner.png

Since the site only allows 1024x1024 pictures, here is a high res 2048x2048 dirt texture that I made. It is different than the 1st:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56987792@N05/8341686195/sizes/k/in/photostream/

Klayton, thank you so much for supplying us with these textures. This is great stuff!

What technique/tools do you use to get the sponsor banners to have the ripple effect of the blank banner? I know it involves layering but what properties/mode should the layers have?

Roof texture can be found on alot of current tracks such as Mackey's ORL Custom Minny.

@David - To give it the ripple effect, I did use layers. I went into the Layer Style tab and added some Emboss/Contour, Outer glow/Inner glow, and hand brushed lines in certain areas. The banner was colored first before I made it black/white and inverted the colors.

That's why I have the link in my Signature so people will notice it. Guess it's not working to well lol.

Hey Rock, could you maybe post the crowd texture you usually use for your tracks? e.x Miami '12, RCD 2?