V3 vs V4

SwimmingOyster

Ok this has really been bugging me. I was just messing around, racing at Daytona. I was using the V4 Samson truck. It felt really sluggish hitting the gas and coming up over the hill and i just wasn't getting the speed through the course. So I switched back to a V3 truck, the Safe Auto Minimizer. It launched up and over the first jump and I was flying through the course. I did several runs on both. Are the V4 trucks "geared" differently? I notice they slide a lot easier through corners, like the friction on the tires was cut down or something. But Idk. I really ran as hard as I could and the V3 truck was much faster. On a side note. I love the v4 pack as far as the trucks that were included are concerned. But the quality just isn't there. I know you guys put a lot of hard work into it but they all look cartoonish compared to the realistic crisp trucks of the V3. Kind of blocky and I don't know. Just nothing looks as real or crisp as the V3 pack. V3 had so much detail and the rounded edges of the tires. El Matador is a stunning truck, and then you kind of go through some of the trucks in V4. Maybe its just the brighter colors? I don't know. Just some stuff that I needed to get off my chest. Been eating me up. I still love everything from this site either way and appreciate everything you guys do. Hopefully you don't take this the wrong way.

I think Airborne Ranger is a bit sluggish in V4, so i did a test against Metal Mulisha, and every time Airborne Ranger is slower. As well, you cant wheelie as good in Airborne Ranger. Not sure if it's supposed to be that way or just gearing issues.

I think Airborne Ranger is a bit sluggish in V4, so i did a test against Metal Mulisha, and every time Airborne Ranger is slower. As well, you cant wheelie as good in Airborne Ranger. Not sure if it's supposed to be that way or just gearing issues.

Don't forget there are different shock setups for each truck. Some are "mushier" and others are stiffer.

okay I am going to answer these as best I can:

-v3 truck were too fast in both acceleration and top speed. we reduced it for realism sake. watching noobs clear 2/3rd's of a stadium floor in a freestyle was getting old fast no matter how many times we asked for them to keep it real.

-v4 slides easier because once again the trucks slide easily in real life now, before trucks (in real life and in v3) would bicycle like crazy but suspension and tire advancements have been made. Jimmy Creten was using front steering only and drifting the corner at vegas this year

-v3 was based mostly on Activision props and models, we are trying to remove those with community made items.

-the irony that you claim v3 was better is the fact that almost all the bodies were abominations and the skins used from the game were average at best.

-tires in v4 actually have treads and are not just a texture simulating a tread design.

-truck were giving advancement in suspension physics as they pertain to their real life counterparts, of course airborne ranger is not going to drive like metal mulisha.

If you really do not like V4 by all means stay on V3. Just be aware that no league on here or on other websites that use V3.

No matter what you do you cant please everyone...

• Upvote 8

I don't think I've ever seen Airbourne Ranger wheelie...in the 4-5 times I've seen the truck in person, but your also comparing a very loose coil truck against a next generation crd...which in itself isn't fair.. if your talking speed wise...it shouldn't matter no one truck is faster or slower..they all have same gearing, and torque values. As Kozak said, the trucks were made "sluggish" because of the simple fact trucks accelerated to fast because they had way too much power as well as grip which also made they flip too easy.

okay I am going to answer these as best I can:

-v3 truck were too fast in both acceleration and top speed. we reduced it for realism sake. watching noobs clear 2/3rd's of a stadium floor in a freestyle was getting old fast no matter how many times we asked for them to keep it real.

-v4 slides easier because once again the trucks slide easily in real life now, before trucks (in real life and in v3) would bicycle like crazy but suspension and tire advancements have been made. Jimmy Creten was using front steering only and drifting the corner at vegas this year

-v3 was based mostly on Activision props and models, we are trying to remove those with community made items.

-the irony that you claim v3 was better is the fact that almost all the bodies were abominations and the skins used from the game were average at best.

-tires in v4 actually have treads and are not just a texture simulating a tread design.

-truck were giving advancement in suspension physics as they pertain to their real life counterparts, of course airborne ranger is not going to drive like metal mulisha.

If you really do not like V4 by all means stay on V3. Just be aware that no league on here or on other websites that use V3.

No matter what you do you cant please everyone...

I get why you guys did it. I don't really have a problem with the performance of the truck I was just wondering if there was actually a difference or if it was just me. I'm for realism all the way.

the meents trucks are loose because they have no swaybar beam/nodes, but they rebound like a sonuva*****

as for the trucks that land like wet towel, any of the cohen/crd's would be the most forgiving but you have to work harder to make them look spectacular

more generic trucks (FELD PEI chassised trucks) will be a bit more stiff, making simple things look spectacular but you will have to be more cautious.

it comes down to personal preference, but the general aim was to mimic the real trucks tendencies. with this trucks will no longer be like v3 where they were roughly all the same settings, this might seem unfair but I think it will even the playing field if people can match their driving ability with a truck that compliments them.

I have a feeling there is gonna be some pretty big upsets this SM racing season...

• Upvote 1