V3 vs V4

SwimmingOyster

oh god I could go into massive detail over that very question haha

top is a standard Patrick Enterprise chassis (the one pictured is a second iteration with cleaner swooping shock hoops) vs the Carrol Racing Development (CRD) chassis

PEIvsCRD.png

this next one is a Racesource chassis (Pablo huffaker makes em)

racesource.png\

Concussion chassis

merrychristmas.png

well there are variations as well,

second generation PEI (low center of gravity), its basically the same as the PEI posted above, but the cradle allows the engine and drivetrain to sit lower.

pei2ndgen.png

Cohens are what the CRD's are based off of, Tim Carroll (of Carroll Racing Development) went to the digger dugeon and actually took measurements off of Adam Andersons chassis (which was Taz at that time).

Cohen's (or inhouse chassis's) started with Dennis's digger 19/20

GD19.png

gd20.png

Then Adam's truck was made

GDTL.png

but there is a second generation of Cohens, Son Uva Digger, Grave Digger 25 (Gary Porters new one) and Monster Energy

SUD/GD25

SUD.png

Monster Energy

monsterenergychassis.png

But then there is a interesting itteration that is a mutant, when Alex Blackwell stuffed Captains Curse into the stands at WF10 it was rebuilt, it started as first generation PEI with a Race Source Cab area (this was to fit the willy's body). When it was rebuilt it was built with some Cohen specing, mostly the shock towers cab to shock tower bracing and cradle bracing

backinthesaddleagain.png

man outlaw thats some great info on chassis design

well its kind of my nerd love so I try to be as informed as possible haha

as for curse, as far as I know, the chassis is kind of semi retired, Paul Cohen actually put a bolt in halo to run as a fill in digger for a small arena show (I want to say in kentucky) and Pablo used it at WF 13 because its the only chassis that will fit the body (apparently his son Ryan's racesource chassised El Toro Loco wont fit it anymore) and since Alex Blackwell has a new Cohen for Wolverine, also that the Curse name might fade, the chassis might not run this year. I am hoping that isnt the case but we will have to see...

on a top hear related note I would love to see a FELD truck run a lap on the test track B)

"RYAN ANDERSON COMING THROUGH THE BACK STRETCH....

STILL COMING THROUGH THE BACK STRETCH...

AND HE'S BLOWN HIS ENGINE..."

however, top gear doing proper monster trucks, and not poor blown thunder, would be the most fantastic thing the world will ever have witnessed. Jeremy declared bigfoot his "All time favorite clarkson vehicle" in 1995. So imagine what a new truck would do for him

• Upvote 2

"RYAN ANDERSON COMING THROUGH THE BACK STRETCH....

STILL COMING THROUGH THE BACK STRETCH...

AND HE'S BLOWN HIS ENGINE..."

however, top gear doing proper monster trucks, and not poor blown thunder, would be the most fantastic thing the world will ever have witnessed. Jeremy declared bigfoot his "All time favorite clarkson vehicle" in 1995. So imagine what a new truck would do for him

Wouldn't see it from Captain Slow. He hates monster trucks. If you got just one of the guys or just Jeremy and Hamster to do it, then it probably would work. All 3? Doubt it.

• 3 weeks later...