Demolition Derbies

Zach Nicholas

With RoR 4.0, there will supposedly be contact in multiplayer. Now, as a fan of demo derbies myself, I've found that smashing into them on 38.67 is not quite as fun as it used to be. Has anyone started making any kind of derby car or a place to do derbies in? I think it would be really cool if we could add that aspect, especially since some (not sure if anymore, just from what I saw in those MJ yearbooks) events actually have derbies,democross, trailer races, etc.

I made a mod to the burnside a while back, making it like a derby car. I deleted the mod though because I was unhappy with it and wanted to make my in-game burnside closer to stock. But here is a pic, just for proof.

screenshot293.png

However for making a league, there would be way too much lag made by 8 or more burnsides than I would stand, so that would be a challenge. But It would be cool to have places where you could in theory do that.

Track wise, you can use the Monster Jam tracks themselves. Because like in Toronto, every year we get a demo derby, and they just use the space on the floor to bash around, also I believe this applies to many other tracks. So tracks aren't a big deal. Its just the cars that are needed.

• Upvote 1

True, good points. Now we'll need some cars, trucks, and vans to use ingame (trucks and van demos are a bit less common, but still a good show)

As for the trucks, we could base it off of the S-10 Short Bed unless someone makes some other brands.

And rule wise, since your car doesn't quit in RoR, victories will be called when your opponent cannot hit you. This could be because they're stuck to another car, wheel breakage, etc.

Realism (driver door hits, preventing people from getting out of a corner, etc.) has yet to be decided.