GTA: SA - Is it good?

Crazyboy335

My favorite GTA is still Vice City. So many good memories playing that game for hours with my buddies. SA while I liked, I thought the game was almost too big, and by that I mean the enviroments. There's like 4 or 5 different areas in the game and they're all huge, so memorizing them and all the routes to get to where you need to go takes a lot of time and you'll be pulling up the map consantly. Becomes a little anoying after a while, but beyond that, yes it's an amazing game and well worth the DL.

Out of all of the GTA's I've played this is my score

Maps

GTA III: 5

GTA Vice City: 8

GTA SA: 9

GTA IV: 7

GTA III looked and seemed big but it was small, Vice City's was fun and is like a joy ride, SA's is huge and has different zoning areas that are lacked in most GTA games, IV was huge but a bit more explorable that others, if you knew how to.

Vehicles

GTA III: 7

GTA SA: 5

GTA IV: 8

GTA III's cars had great models and handling unlike most games and it sounded like you were flooring it... since its that or idle or reverse, GTA Vice City's cars were exotic and fast but also had many slow and powerful trucks and regular cars. GTA SA's had poor and easily damageable cars, it was more of humor than realistic, but had a nice variety of bikes and trains ;), GTA IV's were fast and are the first to have different (easily noticed) throttles instead of the regular FLOOR IT they all had many paint schemes and some even different versions of the car and a new 3D damage model.

Enviornment

GTA III: 3

GTA SA: 10

GTA IV: 9

GTA III, turn off your lights and set brightness on max, lighting is terrible in GTA III, I squint all the time to figure out if its an outline of what ever it was. Vice city, had great lighting, you could see everything and wonder in to stuff and have fun. GTA SA, realistic fog and storms, real lighting instead of green overlay. GTA IV, at certain times taillights and headlight are huge big blobs of red and white, very annoying, objects are well lighted and colored like in Vice City.

Campaign

GTA Vice City: 7

GTA SA: 6

GTA III, WTF uh... none of it made sense and I lost interest and decided to just steal cars and kill people.... GTA Vice City: I laughed the entire time and rocked out to 80's Metal \m/. GTA SA: It waz kewl yo, had its ups and downs but it was ok. GTA IV: I was honestly really interested in IV's campaign, keep me on the edge of me seat doing cool stuff and laughing at the Bellics do "sheeeet"

Graphics

GTA Vice City: 7

GTA SA: 8

GTA IV: 9

Overall

GTA III: 4

GTA Vice City: 7.5

GTA SA: 7.5

GTA III, fun but eh... no . GTA Vice City, personal favorite, GTA SA, really good, GTA: IV, still new so lets wait a while.

Just my comparison of the games, thought it would help out.

None of that is valid. All the gta's were great for there time including 3. Of course the earlier ones arent going to be as good as the newer ones.

Grand theft auto 4 was a graphics test for Rockstar. That's why very little content was included and several "expansion packs" were made.

GTA SA is a blast to play, games been out like what 8 years already and i still love just hopping on and i get lost in time just running around taking everyone out (had to put it in a way i dont think breaks forum rules) The map is huge and has a good variety of everything. Storyline isnt very short and is a great way to pass time, Then once you beat it theres plenty of mods if you start getting bored of it. And if your interested the game has quite a few myths in it that are fun and kinda interesting

its an awesome game! the 3rd party online (SA:MP) is AWESOME!!! thats the main reason i bought the game was for that. i remember spending nights playing that with 3 other buddies and dominating in RP servers as cops or well orchestrated robberies.. then the car mods are great but you gotta watch how many you install because they will start to screw up your game then you gotta reinstall it.

SA had the best cheats. I mean what game has a better cheat than girls running around with dildos as a weapon? :lol:

Hahaha that was always the best cheat. I always laugh my ass off to it. Lol