Adding trucks

lookin4myscooter

This is gonna sound at 1st like I don't know how to add trucks, but I do. I no longer add trucks to the V series packs because it is impossible to remove them when they don't work (which is about 70% of the time). I can add them to vehicles folder and the ratio doesn't change, but they are easier to remove when they don't work. When a large number of truck have been added to the site, why not just add an updated version of the V pack for those who want it. I don't know if its hard to upload that, so it's just a thought. There are so many cool trucks I want but can't have. It only takes about 5 minutes for me to download V4 so... Just a thought. I don't mean to sound mean, complaintive, or ungrateful, and I apologize if I come across that way, I know you all who run this put a lot of hard work and effort into it, and I appriciate all that you all do.

first are you sure that V4 is downloaded completely? the folder should be 606MB's. right click your V4 folder and double check to make sure.

now you should have placed V4 in the ROR folder that is located in My Documents/Rigs of Rod/packs

once its there all you should have to do is download V4 replica or customs trucks and take the files in those zipped folders and drop them into V4, clear/regen cache and the new trucks should appear.

Yeah I know. Everything in V4 is there and works. And I do know to unzip/place in V4, clear/regen cache, but most of the time, trucks come up with "missing or empty file" or go in but it makes the I guess you call it a "tunk" sound thats telling me a windows file is invalid, and some trucks (like the old firetruck-truck) crash RoR. So lately I've been sending them to the Vehicles folder outside the V4 (like Digger2006) and they work, but some don't work outside of V4 (like the blue and red Diggers and Ghost Rider). But when Trucks don't work in the V4 pack, you either end up with a bunch of useless broken truck files (like my V3 pack) or you can sit there search through 1 million files to find the trucks and take them out by hand. Thats what happens to me alot.

I don't have V3 in there anymore. And I actually had some time today to set down with it, and figured out that sometimes things need to be downloaded more than once, I'm assuming some files can come up missing while downloading, and sometimes I will get a "missing or empty file" notification, but they still work just fine if they still end up in the pack. So I figured it out and fixed everthing. And V3 and V4 are not compatible, they can't both run in RoR, its one or the other, so I use v4.