State of Sim-Monsters Season 3, and Beyond

JoshDIGRhodes

I'm just going to cut right to the chase here. As a group, we at Sim-Monsters have decided to not run a 3rd season of the Sim-Monsters Racing Series. Many reasons have contributed to this, but the main reason is the fact that some of us aren't as young as we used to be and honestly don't have the time nor the patience to run an entire series anymore. Instead, the Sim-Monsters staff has sat down and discussed another option that i really think benefits everyone here on the site and other people looking to start up racing leagues.

Sim-Monsters.com is going to become kind of like what MTM2Draggers was for its existence. For those that don't know or did not compete in MTM2, Draggers was a place where multiple racing leagues had their forums. Everyone could post about their series in their own forum. A few things will be different though from Draggers:

Certain leagues ran by people that we here at Sim-Monsters believe we can trust will be sanctioned by Sim-Monsters.com and become an official series. They will run a Sim-Monsters-style points system, and run basically the same rules. They will be ran the way the owner wants them to be ran, but they must run the SM Point system and our rulebook to become an official series.

Why must they do that? Because official Sim-Monsters sanctioned leagues will be part of one giant overall points system. As drivers compete throughout the year in any series their points will be tallied in the leagues individual points as well as the Sim-Monsters.com Grand Championship points. By the end of the year, we will have one Grand Champion, as well as several individual series points champions as well.

We are happy to announce that the first series to become a Sim-Monsters sanctioned series is ROR Outlaws ran by Mark Colineri. This league is the first of its kind in ROR, a budget based league. With the budgeting system in place, it will force drivers to drive their trucks realistically and think before they crossthread that big stack in freestyle that might roll them over. Were proud of Mark to accept our offer, and for his league to become the first official Sim-Monsters series.

Sim-Monsters.com will also sanction all the special events through the year including Fall Madness, Allmonsters Eve, and maybe a few more throughout the beginning and middle of the year. We understand that people were looking forward to Season 3, but in all honesty this seems to be the better direction for the site to be headed in. We had very big plans for Season 3 and beyond, but knowing how many signups we were going to have, knowing we'd be running booked events instead of open qualifying events, we knew it would require an overall ton of effort from all of us to make sure our events remained at the high quality and standard that they have lived up to in the past. Its time for us to pass the torch so to speak to those that want a shot to step up and run their own events.

Thank you.

• Upvote 7

I know you guys will be sad about this but it's for the better as we all have other things to do outside of the RoR community. I will still release the tracks I have made. So starting this week, I will start posting them up for you guys to download. There should be a new track every 1 to 2 weeks from me.

• Upvote 2

Thank you for the informative post, Josh. I'm sure this answered many questions for all of us. It's evident that you all have truly thought this through making sure it would be to the benefit of racers, members, officials, mods, current and future potential league owners and organizers alike.

This whole idea sounds terrific. Reminds me of how Formula 1 has separate Drivers and Constructors/Builders championships. It sounds exciting.

Congratulations to Mark and the ORL. Makes me truly look forward even more to running in that league!

I myself would like to say a few things, I myself look forward to help run season 3. But after helping out on V4 and getting it done for everyone here in the community and still working on the patch to fix stuff that needs to be fixed to make it that much better for the future for you all to enjoy, I need an break as much as the other staff members.

I speak for the majority us in the staff, were not as young as we were back in the Monster Truck Madness 2 days when we could show up every night run a league for hours on end wake up the next morning go to school and play again, majority of us either have college, jobs, families, or all 3 which takes up a huge chunk of time and which was a huge contributing factor in this decision.

We've been discussion this decision for awhile now and wasn't something we thought up overnight and are making it in the best for you and the long term for Sim Monsters. Most of all, I want to say thank you to everyone that ran in season 2 and everyone that helped run it. I never thought it would I would win a race, yet alone multiple races, an Sim Monsters Racing Championship, and Overall Championship.

-Eric

• Upvote 1

I.... am very sad at this news. Sad, because i never got to run in the official sim-monsters leagues, because of my stupid mistake that got me banned last year. It's sad that i will NEVER have the chance, when i would have had i not been a stupid coming of age kid a year ago. But, i'm also ecstatic, because now we won't have to worry with all the stress of doing a new season. I wish you guys the best in your later years of high school, college and beyond. Thanks for all you've done!

While I am slightly disappointed as I wasn't able to run in the official league, I hope this spawns a few new leagues and gives SM a sort of "MTM2" feel so to speak. Where basically any given night if you were bored or had free-time there was probably a league running and you could jump in there and have a fun night of racing.

One door opens and another closes, this is by no stretch mean there will never be another Sim Monster run league. The current circumstances kind of lead us to this, from the truck pack being delayed to now this.

But this also gives someone the chance to step up, run a league and in turn brings the community even closer together.

Lets not look directly down at our feet but ahead to the next turn...

• Upvote 1

one thing is that maybe this will spawn a few leagues to give us different nights of racing. i like options, and besides if everyone that works on the trucks, runs events, ect never get to sit back, relax and enjoy the work they put it then all you will do is burn yourselfs out.

• Upvote 1

I see a silver lining in this. You know the old saying you win some, you lose some? Sadly to say, we lost the Sim-Monsters Racing Series HOWEVER, we do gain a whole lot of leagues. You know how big the racing series became? Well, this gives other people a chance to have their league as absolute big as what the racing series had. I sense in the future that 5 years from now, there are going to be about 3-5 big/main leagues in Sim Monsters. This is going to help expand the Sim Monsters series and also allows more people than usual a chance to be able to participate in a league. I have to say a BIG thanks to the SM staff and all of the hard work they put in over the last couple years trying to make Sim Monsters into what it is today. Now it's time for the torch to be passed on to everyone in SM. This is your time to make Sim Monsters a happy and better place. Thank You!!!!