Music thread

SilverWolf

So I'm pretty excited about this. Widow Society will have our EP Release show October 28th, Alongside a few local bands we are good friends with (A Rumor of War and Edge of Winter) and Glass Hands from Indianapolis. I don;t have anything to post from us, but I'll post a bit of Glass Hands ;)

ARGUABLY AS EXCITING. We will also be playing a show 10 days prior with some of our friends in You Won't Feel A Thing, as well as Everyone Dies in Utah, a band signed to InVogue Records that is pretty darn lit tbh.

On 9/11/2016 at 8:41 PM, NavySonicShell said:

ARGUABLY AS EXCITING. We will also be playing a show 10 days prior with some of our friends in You Won't Feel A Thing, as well as Everyone Dies in Utah, a band signed to InVogue Records that is pretty darn lit tbh.

I played a show with Everyone Dies In Utah once.

• 2 weeks later...

Old news but Marilyn Manson has announced that his tenth studio album "Say10" will be released on February 14th, 2017, and will reflect both Antichrist Superstar (1996) and Mechanical Animals (1998). He says it's "the last thing fans will expect" if they're using it to follow up directly after his 2015 release "The Pale Emperor."

Marilyn Manson will also be releasing a 20th Anniversary Box Set for Antichrist Superstar on October 20th, featuring a never-before seen video that was supposed to be on a planned Dead to the World DVD. The DVD never saw release and lawyers advised him not to release the video, so it was plugged away in a safe. The video will contain explicit content not found on Dead to the World, but from the Dead to the World Tour in 1996-97.

#CueHype

Welp, here's a track that was not included in the 2016 compilation mix from Excision, but now it's out there. Also, in related news, Excision will be throwing a new album out this month, which will include tunes used in the shambhala 2016 set, as well as a few others. Cue the "X" hype train.

EDIT: Found another...

Edited by ShawnVallance
Merged another song into my post to avoid doing a double take.

Okay I gots a new CD yesterday.

The Downward Spiral Deluxe Edition. Only paid 18 bucks for it on SecondSpin (amazing used CD, DVD, and Vinyl shop, check them out), which is a super steal considering it came with all the pieces (plastic slipcase, booklet, complete Digipak, both discs) and costs as much as 50 anywhere else (Amazon, eBay, etc).

I love this album. This album is just amazing in all senses of the word. I'd been listening to it on YouTube for quite some time and to have the money to own it and have a physical copy is just a dream come true. Every song has it's place in my heart, some even hitting close to home.

This album came with two discs- the first being an SACD/CD hybrid (I'll talk more about this later) including the original album on the CD side, and the album remastered in 5.1 Surround Sound on the SACD side. The second being a collection or remixes and outtakes later used on soundtracks. Great buy. Definitely worth it.

About the SACD. Well, unless you have a designated SACD player, an older-generation PS3, or anything that can read the SACD side of the disc, you'll need to shell out some extra cash to get it (learned this today, ragequit my life). So that's basically minus 50 more dollars for me. Luckily we already, coincidentally, have four speakers literally sitting in our living room being used as an incense-tray platform, so I'm gonna hook them up when I get my SACD player. Just remember to do research on anything you're going to buy BEFORE you buy it.

Anyway, the album is a classic and is a recommended for any Nine Inch Nails fan, Industrial rock fan, average rock fan, or any kind of music fan willing to have an open mind.

You can listen to the 5.1 remastered album here (shrunken down from 5.1 to stereo):