PC Headset

MonsterJam2008

I have a wired xbox 360 controller that I use for ROR and other games that work best with a controller. My question is will the xbox 360 headset work on a pc. I would realy like to use it for Left 4 Dead 2, Team Fortress 2, and Portal 2, alon with other fps games. Will the headset that plugs into a 360 controller work and also are there any drivers I would have to download?

Not sure. the audio in plug on a standard 360 headset is quite a bit smaller than a regular headphone plug. Whether or not there is any kind of adapter is unknown to me, let alone if it's compatible with any kind of PC games.

I got myself a set of Turtle Beach headphones, I believe the X12 series. Mine are just for XBox, though they make the same thing for PS3 I believe and will work with just about anything if there's a powered USB port within reach. There's a jack on the volume control box for a special talk cable that will fit the headset plug on a controller at both ends. it also comes with a cable that piggy-backs onto your console's standard audio hookups and it has a jack on it for a regular headphone plug like a computer uses, and there's one for the microphone, though it's not needed for console use. it also has adjustable volume, bass, and mic volume and mute controls.

The only drawbacks with them are A: They have to be plugged into a USB port in order to work, B: the cord is almost a mile and a half long it seems. meaning it has phenomenal reach, but there's that much more to trip over and get tangled around everything, and C: the price. I got mine for I think close to $60, but I used trade in credit to get them and a couple games. There are cheaper models as well as far more expensive, I think their top of the line ones are almost $200.

Not sure. the audio in plug on a standard 360 headset is quite a bit smaller than a regular headphone plug. Whether or not there is any kind of adapter is unknown to me, let alone if it's compatible with any kind of PC games.

I got myself a set of Turtle Beach headphones, I believe the X12 series. Mine are just for XBox, though they make the same thing for PS3 I believe and will work with just about anything if there's a powered USB port within reach. There's a jack on the volume control box for a special talk cable that will fit the headset plug on a controller at both ends. it also comes with a cable that piggy-backs onto your console's standard audio hookups and it has a jack on it for a regular headphone plug like a computer uses, and there's one for the microphone, though it's not needed for console use. it also has adjustable volume, bass, and mic volume and mute controls.

The only drawbacks with them are A: They have to be plugged into a USB port in order to work, B: the cord is almost a mile and a half long it seems. meaning it has phenomenal reach, but there's that much more to trip over and get tangled around everything, and C: the price. I got mine for I think close to $60, but I used trade in credit to get them and a couple games. There are cheaper models as well as far more expensive, I think their top of the line ones are almost $200.

An xbox 360 controller has a plug for a headset, my question is will that headset work for PC?

Not that I know of. I know for a fact that the 50 dollar wireless headset will work. You'd need an Xbox 360 wireless gaming receiver for windows to connect and use the headset on your pc. You can get them for 20 bucks or less on Amazon.

I am not sure, so don't quote me on this, but if you connect the XBOX controller...and plug the headset into it's normal slot on the XBOX controller, wouldn't that work? I believe Danny Mackey did that for awhile. As long as that is the only connection...it should work.