2nd Gear

lookin4myscooter

Has anyone ever tried keeping their truck in 2nd gear? I was testing out Arlingot 2012 (great job on that Rckcrwlr, btw) in Metal Melisha and since it takes a bit of driving to get to the track, I just kept it in 2nd gear and went on to freestyle. I got a tad bit more air (still realistc) and got in a whole lot less of "sticky" situations, and when it actually did call times for saves, they were a lot easier. Also kept the RPMs from winding up.

The way i use the gears is different from racing to freestyle. In racing, i always try to keep the truck in second, while im turning, i barely hold the gas, i tap the gas more then anything. So in a chicago style turn, for example el paso, ill maybe tap the gas anywhere from 10 to 20 time depending on how deep i take the turn. Freestyle is a complete different story for me. I stay in first the whole freestyle, unless there is a ramp i want to get big air off of, then ill put the truck in second.

I've been practicing racing a lot and find that first is easier for sharp turns. I have yet to master second gear in Chicago style but first is terrible for that far as I can see. For freestyle I mainly stay in first because second causes me to flip every two seconds. Also if I get into trouble it's easier for me to save it in first. This is one thing I really like about this game, everyone has their own way of running it and the're all probably as competitave as the others who are running it their way. It's not like other racing games where there is a certain way to run it to be good. It's just what works best for you. I see this as the same as RC car racing, which ever way keeps you on the track is the way to go.

• Upvote 2

Usually on Stadyium tracks I stay in 1st gear and switch to second when there's room to gather speed. I don't care too much for the arenas, but once in awhile I will run one, and stay in 1st gear. On WF tracks I will mostly stay in 2nd, and on the bigger than life tracks (Custom Finale, RCD Stadium) I keep ijn 2nd since there is so much room between jumps and it can take awhile to get around those tracks in 1st, and I don't like high RPMs.

I don't know if this is why i'm usually slow but this is the way I do it on Chicago Style. I shift up to second after I hit the first jump, then before I start to turn, I downshift to first and carry it all the way through. After that I shift up to second for the jump, downshift, and repeat.