Official Announcement of International Dragging Series

runt9

I'm lazy so I'm copy/pasting from the website for those who don't care to go on there and read it. Check out all of the information there: http://www.runt9.com/ids/index.php

Hello everyone, My name is Alex "runt9" Vester and I would like to welcome all of you to the first season of the International Dragging Series for Rigs of Rods. Let's start with a little background on the series. 

Back in Monster Truck Madness 2, IDS ran for a season and a half before coming to a close. The idea behind the league is that we take monster trucks across the world to many different styles of venues and tracks and show the people of the world why monster truck racing is the best motorsport there is. The league was founded upon a strong base of rules, a group of people running the league instead of a single person dominating it all, and the idea that changing the game does not have to be bad. Innovations such as weekly recap videos made the league what it was. 

Now it's time to bring that excitement to Rigs of Rods with the hope that everyone will enjoy the experience that it brings. Here are the key features being prepared for everyone to enjoy:

• Two 10 week seasons per year (Spring/Fall) and a 7 week Summer season
  • Cumulative yearly points totals on top of season points totals
  • At least 5 never before seen tracks per season created specifically for the league
  • Variable field sizes depending on the event, so bigger events allow more racers to compete
  • Special Bonus Points System that allows racers to earn/spend bonus points throughout the season (more on this later)
  • Weekly video, image, and text recaps of every event
  • LIVE points and brackets updates during an event viewable from the website
  • Multiple interactive features on the website built from the ground up
  • And much more as ideas are added!

As many of you can tell by the first Fun Run generated by the league, the rulebook will be expansive. I plan on making the page full of navigation so that you're not just bombarded with information. You will be able to easily find the information you need to know about a specific rule. Everything will be laid out in the rules section, down to every last minute detail. This is to cease all possibility of confusion come race time. 

As of right now, the league office has not determined a suitable day/time combination, and the scheduled start date will be around mid-February of 2013. This is all subject to change, however. 

Anyways, I hope everyone is looking forward to the league. The pages to the left will be updated over time with new information as it becomes available. Please check out the staff section to meet the people that will be directing you, and be on the lookout for more news and announcements as they come!

• Upvote 5