Retro gaming thread

SybilSixx66

When I was younger, I'd absolutely destroy every high score in the game on any THPS game. Now that I'm older, I can do even more damage!

And to I am a Sim Monster:

Not really sure what my favorite temple is. But I do know my least favorite, and that's the shadow temple. Haven't got that far in a while though. I was a lot younger when I played through that temple. I seriously doubt it'd freak me out now, since almost every console game I play now is rated a strong "T" at least.

I'd absolutely destroy every high score in the game on any THPS game. Now that I'm older, I can do even more damage!

EN GUARDE

pretty crap this. dropped the ball a few times, but i can't be bothered to do better as i'm doing other stuff

My favourite GameBoy game. I used to play this all the time.

i still play the PC version of that. fun as hell

Ya'll young bucks who've not played or heard of this game have no idea what you missed out on...
Monster_Truck_Madness_2_Coverart_zpse98b

Other games: I grew up as part of the N64 crowd. One of my all time favorites is Top Gear Rally. This game is memorable for two reasons: The incredible music that got me hooked, and the paint shop which allowed you to FREE-HAND paint designs on the many cars in the game.

World Driver Championship was a wonderful game that I absolutely enjoyed. So many cars, so many races around the world, and grooving tunes by Zack Ohren! This game was unique to me in that you could sign on to race under different teams. You would recieve varying letters from the boss of the specific team you raced for. He'd either praise you if you raced well and won, or chastize you for poor results.

And probably what was one of my all time favorite racing games on the N64 was the San Francisco Rush Series. I have both Rush 2 and Rush 2049. Both were a blast to play and unique in their own ways. Rush 2 had you racing over numerous tracks in the USA. The thumping drum and bass tunes grabbed me and didn't let go. The stunt track was an incredibly fun mode where you would perform the craziest stunts you could manage in the stunt arena sandbox. My dad and I wasted many Saturdays enjoing this mode.

Rush 2049 continued with the same winning formula of Rush 2, except the whole series fast fowarded time to the year 2049, where cars could sprout wings once airborne to create further distance jumps, and even wilder stunts in one of four stunt tracks. The electronic drum and bass tunes absoultley entranced me. I couldn't get enough of this game.

Once I got a PlayStation, I fell in love with Gran Turismo 2 which was another incredible game that I invested many hours into. I loved racing on the numerous tracks (Midfield Raceway is my all time favorite). I loved the rocking in-race tunes and the Jazzy music in the menus. I also loved upgrading cars to make them faster, and better handling. This game takes me back.
  • Upvote 2