The Weather Thread

RKM

I'm sure most who follow weather already know this, there were rumors going around early this morning but it is now confirmed.

https://www.facebook.com/RipTimPaulSamarasAndCarlYoung?fref=ts

Tim Samaras and his son Paul along with their chase partner Carl Young also known as Team TWISTEX were killed in the tornado that hit El Reno, OK. If any of you watched Storm Chasers on TV you've likely seen or heard of them. R.I.P.

I'm sure most who follow weather already know this, there were rumors going around early this morning but it is now confirmed.

https://www.facebook.com/RipTimPaulSamarasAndCarlYoung?fref=ts

Tim Samaras and his son Paul along with their chase partner Carl Young also known as Team TWISTEX were killed in the tornado that hit El Reno, OK. If any of you watched Storm Chasers on TV you've likely seen or heard of them. R.I.P.

I just read this on CNN and my heart is broken. Tim Samaras and the TWISTEX team once inspired me to be a storm chaser and were some of the most intelligent men in the world regarding weather. It was very entertaining to watch them on the show Storm Chasers and to follow where they were on the internet. They died doing what they loved, which was learning about these tornadoes and trying to save others' lives from them.

RIP Tim Samaras, Paul Samaras, and Carl Young.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Buffallo New York got enough to snow to break doors a few months ago. Lol the other day there were like 800+ closings (businesses, delays, bus service, church, school, etc. all included) around where I live and I believe that our district and a few others had school.   :angry: