Daytona 2013 Discussion

Roach

I don't think so cause Jimmie had a horrible season last year and he didn't win the championship so that's putting something on him. In that position, it's hard to get a win after what Jimmie went through. In this race, you have to think "who has the most momentum coming into this event?". I would think it would be Brad Keselowski cause he won the championship last year and he wants to win another one. What better way for him to get the lead for a 2nd straight championship than a win at Daytona. That honestly would really put the pressure on the other drivers.

Dont count out other drivers like for example Kyle Busch who has consistently finished in the top 10 at almost every single race so he's a contender for Daytona.

i didnt put jimmie, i put brad originally but someone keeps editing my post everytime i post in a nascar thread....

Im looking back at testing at Daytona, and the Toyotas are looking really strong. That being said, i am a Rowdy fan, so i would like to see Kyle win one. He got the shootout last year and, look at it, he won while sliding sideways! He knows how to drive these things, and in my opinion hes still searching for that one huge win.

Still has about as much talent than John Wes Townley and never will be as good as Janet Guthrie whom could actually wheel a car is never heard of or recognized for her acheivements. Qualing a car at an plate track is about who has the most power, and who put in the hardest work at the shop, Stewart even said it himself in his interview, "Driver doesn't do much to qualify at Daytona has to do with the guys back at the shop and the motor". It sickens me to see the AP blow this out of proportion that this pole is the greatest thing ever to hit NASCAR.

Yes winning the pole at Daytona 500 is a big deal since it is a prestigious race, but their making it a huge deal because she is a woman and the AP saying she's more successful than Janet Guthrie who has 5 top ten finishes in NASCAR, and was the first woman to race both the Indy 500, and Daytona 500 back in the 70's when these car's had no downforce, took skill to drive and was the most dangerous. The fact Janet Guthrie finished 6th at BRISTOL of all places in 1977 in WINSTON CUP should speak MORE than Danica being on the pole.

This may sound like I'm a Danica Patrick hater, I'm in no way a hater of her. I dislike the way they use her as a marketing tool and put someone with a lack of talent in a high equipment ride when people like Kyle Larson should be in a Stewart Haas ride not some Earnhardt Ganassi car..

I'm rooting for Johnson of course

but my top 5 drivers in my opinion who will win are

1. Danica P.

2. Tony S.

3. Kasey K.

4. Carl E.

5. Greg B.

your name is jjfan48... y u no pick jimmy? and come on... danica will take out the entire field of cars on the first lap.... when has she ever finished a race on the lead lap?

Daytona 500 lap 2 big one... finished 38th

Darlington 500 finished 31st finished 6 laps down (just that slow) 

Charlotte finished 30th (finished 5 laps down, no damage just off the pace) 

Bristol finished 29th 

Atlanta finished 29th (finished 6 laps down)

Chicagoland (tried dumping Landon Casill failed wreck herself) finished 25th (finished 2 laps down) 

Dover finished 28th (finished 7 laps down) 

Kansas finished 32nd 

Texas finished 24th

Phoenix finished 17th (everyone and their mother wrecked on the last lap) (finished 1 lap down)

2 DNF laps completed 3115 of 3385 

Lets not turn this into the Danica 500 :) I think she'll get shuffled to the back in the duels and be scared to try any drafting and park or if she does try will probably cause a massive wreck...just going off of things from her past. Far as I know she has zero drafting experience with the new car.