Nationwide Crash at Daytona

RKM

i hear 11 people have been taken to halifax medical center some with tramatic injuries hopefully everyone hurt pulls thru. i believe this is a necessary evil just like the dale sr incident now to improve on the catch fence and make sure no one is close to the fences or add a secondary catch fence behind the first as a fail safe.

While alot of people are saying it was people right by the fence, there were also some injuries not as close to the fence.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4149638589311

Video was taken maybe a section away from the impact zone.

I deffinitely think that the majority of the injuries that happened near the fence were the own fan's fault. People know what risks come with standing right behind the fence.

Daytona's Front Stretch Security will not allow any fans by the fence during tomorrow Sprint Cup race, as reported by Daytona's Joie Chitwood III

14 fans injured and hospitalized

Repair is underway currently to track

Larson's car will be seized for investigation reasons 

Oh they wont be allowed by the fence for the 500, thats cute...... they should have never been by the fence, especially after the Geoff Bodine incident.... eldora in the early 2000s would stop the race if fans were next to the fence, and would wait for them to clear that area. Eldora now has a small chain link fence that fans MUST stay behind at all times that is 40- 50 feet from the catch fence. It amazes me that a small dirt track has more safety then the world renowned daytona international speedway. Heck when I was at a cup race at indy they had a yellow line which fans could not cross under any circumstances, which security enforced through out the race to keep fans away from the fence.

I remember one year when i went to Dover the grandstands outside turn 3&4 were elevated about 10 feet or so so the fans could see down into the banking.  I feel like this would be a good idea for all front rows around all race tracks.