Joystick or, Wheel or Gamepad?

Beau4x4

Well it hasn't taken me long to realize that the keyboard probably isn't gonna cut it in Rigs of Rods. Just seems like the steering is so slow to respond. So I'm asking you guys will some sort of controller make it better? If so what do you all use or recommend? Thanks!

dualshock2.jpg

An original DualShock 2 that came with my PS2 Slim. No other controller beats it imo, it's well built and weighty with great feel. I hooked it up to my PC with a simple PlayStation>USB adapter lead, and it plugged straight in with no drivers or anything :D

I had used a joystick previously, a Logitech Freedom 2.4, but the buttons I used for rear steer (the only ones suitable) tended to crap out on me. This bit me in the Anaheim King of the Hill, where, in a race with Max, the rear steer failed and I slammed into the wall upside down :lol:

the adapters came about with ps3, so you could use you controllers with them, turns out they also work for the computer. And i like using steering wheel and if you want to move away from the keyboard then this is not a bad route,but the past 3 events I since went back to the keyboard, i just feel comfortable with it.