Sim City

mjkproductions

Anyone getting it? I grew up playing Sim City 2000, then 3000, then 4, so I've preordered it and I'm really excited for it. It looks great with the addition of curved roads, and all of the thousands of residents are now actual characters that have their own lives, and you can follow them around now. It looks amazing. Heck, Sim City 3000 seriously taught me to read. 

Here's some gameplay of the review copy of the game: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/lets-play-simcity-every-day-forever

So far its an amazing and addictive game, it is a LOT more challenging than the past SimCitys with diseases, much lower income, etc etc. And yes, one time while I was building a city the servers crashed and lost my last hour of work. I was pissed to say the least.

But just remember, its the first day, and there's no way to stress test servers for thousands of players at one time. One of the devs was also saying how in a real city, you aren't in your own bubble, which is why forced multiplayer was implemented. For realism.

And stopping piracy.

• 1 month later...