Driving Simulator for PS3?

Metallica530

Well, I've always been a big motor-head, and always enjoyed full on racing simulators, so I went out and bought Gran Turismo 5 a few months ago.  The was decent, but it just didn't have that feel that it used to.  It just...I dunno...just didn't feel right anymore.  So after that, my friend told me about Forza Horizon and Forza 4.  Slight problem: Xbox only, or so i'm told.  So now to the matter of what I'm asking.  Does anyone have an suggestions for a good driving simulator for the PS3?  Might be willing to try something new, or if I could find some older titles for the PS3, I might find something I like.  So...yeah, suggestions?

Going to be the only nice one here xD

A honest good driving simulator for street wise

Without AI

map created FarCry2 & 3 (controller only)

AI

Midnight Club: LA

Grand Theft Auto IV (Just go ahead and wait for V dont waste your money for the old one)

Burnout Paradise (AI sucks Criterion has no skills for AI really)

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (same AI as Burnout)

Racing wise i'd suggest 

Race Driver Series GRID, again just wait for new 

Grand Turismo 5 has an insane amount of cars, just not all that good detail and night racing is impossible to see anything

Need For Speed: The Run has great detail and cars but I can out run a Lambo with Mustang so not very good in realism

or this the solution to everything

make your own :D

Thanks for the suggestions JJ.  Have a few already such as GTA IV, NFS The Run, and the only thing that kills GT5 for me is the camera that sits behind the car.  Good grief, did they put it on a blimp? WAY to far above the car.  GRID looks good so I may try that out soon.

I've played the original Grid and it is still one of my all time favorite racing games. There is so much to do and race in that game with multiple disciplines including Formula 3, Touring Cars, American Muscle, Japanese Tuner, Grip Racing, Drifting, Touge events, Demolition Derby and many others. While it's not a "hardcore" simulator like GT 5 or Forza, it's definitely worth a look. You won't be disappointed. If you can find at this point you should be able to get it dirt cheap with Grid 2 coming in may.

While I didn't get into it much, NFS Shift and Shift 2 Unleashed know how to capture the intensity of racing high performance cars. The cars jitter and shake violently and barely feel on the edge of control. It's quite a thrill.

Other than those suggestions, I can't help you much as I play on Xbox...

• 3 weeks later...

NFS Prostreet wasn't bad... Drift mode made me think I was playing an NES game

Grid is good aswell as its off-road sister the Dirt series, the first IMO is the better of them.
Shift 2 is really good but you definatly have to do some suspension setup on the cars to make them driveable most of the time.
Midnight club LA is pretty good for a street racer game

GT5 is the best all out racer even though the feel isnt the same and they REALLY kinda jipped a good handful of cars...(for example the '78 Nissan Fairlady 280Z-L aka '79 280zx in the states, will completly max out at 280hp and weigh in at under 1000kg, however has a difficult time running with an almost stock honda civic... I own a '79 280zx and dyno'd at 258hp at the wheels with nothing but a long tube header and monster camshaft and a hot wired cold start injector to fire as a throttle body assist injector to keep from leaning out too much, the car has only seen 2 sets of honda tail lights, one was a 520hp CRX (BOooOOsted out the wazzoo WITH spray) the other was an NSX in other words.. I give Vette owners a hard time because I beat them on the CHEAP gas :)
*sorry got a bit side tracked there*

spend enough time working setups and you CAN get the cars to feel right, but it really takes time and a knowledge of suspension workings to realize what you need to do with it.

other than that I can't really say I've found any worth reccomending to anyone. but if you just want to have a good time cruising around at high speeds with a good variety of cars with good physics, give the newest DRIVER a shot.