IDS Official Preseason Race - 04/04/13

runt9

Good afternoon everyone,

I would like to take this time to announce the official start of the IDS Season. The IDS website has been officially finished (www.runt9.com/ids) and we are ready for launch! What this means is that it's time to knock out a preseason race to iron out all the bugs and kinks of the system before the real season starts. Here are the details on the event:

- Will take place Thursday, April 4th 2013 at 9:00pm EST (8pm CST, 6pm PST)

- We're heading to the Gelredome (http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/files/file/787-arnhem-2005/) to kick it off

- We will follow the rule book completely, so PLEASE make sure you read through it first.

- This race will not be for any points, only for competition.

- Qualifying begins Sunday, March 31st at 9:00pm EST and runs until Wednesday, April 3rd at 10:00pm EST.

This will be the first test of the IDS Bracket System that I personally have programmed from the ground up, so I totally expect a bug or two to come up throughout the race. That's why we're doing this. So please be on the look out for improper ordering, wrong qualifying times, etc.

In other news, I have stripped 2 weeks from the season in order to make sure this first season goes smoothly and give us plenty of time to get ready for an awesome Fall season. Otherwise, I think we're all ready to go and as soon as the preseason event is over, I will announce the starting date of the regular season. I hope everyone is as excited as I am to get things under way!

• Upvote 4