Hamlin OUT for 6 weeks

Crazyboy335

Joe Gibbs Racing driver Denny Hamlin was evaluated today by Dr. Jerry Petty of Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates after suffering an L1 Compression Fracture during an accident on the final lap of Sunday's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway. Dr. Petty determined that Hamlin will not require surgery, but will need time to properly heal, which is estimated around six weeks time. Dr. Petty will make the determination when Hamlin will be able to return to racing this season. No decision has been made on a replacement driver for Hamlin during his absence from the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series.

AND..

Elliott Sadler has been chosen as the primary sub for Denny Hamlin. All that's preventing an official announcement, as of Wednesday morning is a few details to work out with sponsor Fed Ex. Sadler, who was long pegged as the likely choice is driving full-time for Joe Gibbs Racing in the Nationwide Series and was scheduled to drive a fourth Cup car in a limited schedule later this season. There are no conflicts on the Nationwide schedule that would affect Sadler until early June.

Wow, thanks Joey. At least Sadler gets a chance in the Cup again.

Joey has really started becoming a hated driver by me. They call them "Car Accidents" because it was an accident. Kid needs to learn that there is a greater chance of wreking at Bristol than at other tracks. Honestly, after he left Gibbs, he should have just been dropped.

Joey has really started becoming a hated driver by me. They call them "Car Accidents" because it was an accident. Kid needs to learn that there is a greater chance of wreking at Bristol than at other tracks. Honestly, after he left Gibbs, he should have just been dropped.

not really, i watched that last lap 5 times to make sure, I call that rubbing is racing, he just went to hard in the turn and slid up, would have happen to anyone honestly for a win on the final lap, people just find it as revenge that it was his fualt, becuase it was him and hamlin battling out for a win,

• Upvote 1