iRacing

mjkproductions

Couldn't find another thread on this, so here we go.

I've been sick all weekend, and found myself watching a lot of iRacing videos. Back when I first wanted it in 2010, I didn't have enough money to actually play the game with how much it costs. Well... I finally bought it.

Is there any advice that the more experienced here can give me? So far I have all the normal starting content, along with the Chevy Impala Nationwide car and the K&N car. Can't wait to play it!

As a rookie its better to finish last then to to hit walls and run into people and win. Wins in iracing count towards nothing, if you wreck 5 people to win your going to pay a very big price.  Just run a clean race, let faster cars by and have a very watchful eye out in front of you for people that suck and are on the verge of wrecking.

This is just my opinion, race in something slower than the B car until you learn to hold a line and learn the racing line...   You won't learn much driving around in the B car about racing lines etc..  Not to mention before going into T1 you should be up against the wall (2-3 inches) coming out of the trioval.  

Quick vid of how to run the line around there.

• Upvote 1