IDS Preseason Week 2 - 04/18/2013

runt9

Good evening everyone,

Last week's event was hugely successful, but brought up some concerns that were addressed, as well as the need to finish integrating new features. Here's what's changed for this event:

- The start time has been pushed forward to accommodate people that would normally have to get up early the next morning

- A new freestyle page (http://www.runt9.com/ids/freestyle.php) as well as an easy way for admins to import the score has been developed

- A bug in the bracket system that caused things to get misaligned has been fixed

- The integration into the points system has been completed, meaning every event that should give you points will automatically update the points table

That last one is the most important reason why we're having this event. The first three changes aren't enough to warrant another preseason event, but testing an entire new integration system is. As with last week, please be on the lookout for anything that looks wrong so that it can all get corrected before the regular season

Here are the details on the event:

- Will take place Thursday, April 18th 2013 at 8:00pm EST (7pm CST, 5pm PST)

- We're heading to Jerry World (http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/files/file/669-arlington-2012/) this week

- We will follow the rule book completely, so PLEASE make sure you read through it first.

- This race will be for MOCK POINTS. The points will be cleared after the race, but we need to test that the entire system is working flawlessly

- Qualifying begins Sunday, April 14th at 9:00pm EST and runs until Wednesday, April 17th at 10:00pm EST.

I'm also going to be treating this like a real season event. This means that the chat will LOCK at 8:00. Anyone that comes online after that point that has not previously notified me or an IDS official that they will be late will not be allowed to run. I will be pushing full warnings/bannings during the driver's meeting. I also will NOT be spending 20 minutes discussing the format of the league. I expect everyone to come into it ready to roll by 8:10. Last week we finished in round about an hour and a half, so I would very much like to see us finish up the event by 9:30. I think it's do-able, so let's all do our part to keep things moving smoothly

As always, if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, let me or one of the other IDS officials know.

• Upvote 3

Alright everyone, a little less than 2 hours left to qualify! I will be on the rest of the night, as will Robbie, and Shoe will be on for a little while longer as well. Get with one of us to get a pass in. We are sitting at 16 currently qualified, so we will have people getting bumped. Good luck to everyone involved!