IDS 2013 Spring Season Week 1 - 05/09/2013

runt9

Qualifying is closed! We had 18 people qualify (I left it open a bit later due to technical issues), and here are the 16 that are into the field for tomorrow night:

http://www.runt9.com/ids/bracketView.php

The two people that didn't make it in are:

Tyler May

Alex Vester

Those two are the alternates for tomorrow. Remember folks, Teamspeak will be used for most of the announcements, so get it downloaded ahead of time!

EDIT: Matt Wilkinson pointed out that I had the bracket ordering off a bit, but it should be fixed now. Be sure to check it out!

Talking about firsts...

I rarely do well at all on my own tracks. The first IDS Funrun on San Marco I failed to make due to a flip in qualifying. In a fun run on NLS3, I qualified last, and rolled in round one. I also hardly ever qualify as well as my practice runs feel.

On this track, I feel 98% solid. I had two solid, consistent qualifying passes, and for the first time in my time with RoR, I'm fastest qualifier for an event.

I'm hoping I can keep my whits about me and drive like I know I can. Hot Shoe is ready to rock! The truck feels good, the track is fantastic (if I do say so myself), I feel good, and I'm feeling confident. I'm looking forward to a fun, successful first official event in IDS!

• Upvote 2

Well yea, but any time below the top 8 is determined by a RANDOM computer so when you think about it, even if you have a bad qualifying run, there's a possibility that computer will put you in the event. Don't believe me? Look in the rulebooks under racing, it's the last bullet in the qualifying section.

Congrats Aaron,
   who'da thought the season woulda started with a Double Down!?!?!

I had fun and learned alot.
I'm fighting a few computer issues + a MAJOR learning curve lol

I apologize if I caused any issues because of that, I'll be honest I wasn't as prepared as I THOUGHT I was, especially when you asked me to officiate,  atleast my AVG killed me and an alternate host was found before we suffered any issues on the part of my un-prepared-ness.

I'll have it figured out next go around and shouldn't have any problems.... now I just need to learn to drive these trucks under pressure... I get em around the track fine offline...

Event went very quickly, was impressed with that, even with people not having others trucks and what not (with that being said apologizes for my truck not showing up for people, hoping to have this solved and have my fixed version up for download).

Racing was a disappointment, hit a slow network download in the last corner and clipped one or two turning cars. Freestyle went well, just tried to keep up momentum and move from hit to hit, I will take a tie for runner up considering that I thought my run was just a bit above average at best.