IDS 2013 Spring Season Week 2 - 05/16/12

runt9

Qualifying is closed! Check out the brackets here:
http://www.runt9.com/ids/bracketView.php

I'll go ahead and start posting the qualifying times at the end of each quali period so everyone can see how you did and who got the lucky draw by the computer:

+-------------------+-------+-------+---------+
| name              | time1 | time2 | average |
| Michael DesRoches | 18.90 | 18.32 |   18.61 |
| David Stewart     | 18.82 | 18.83 |   18.83 |
| Alex Vester       | 18.65 | 19.06 |   18.85 |
| Robbie Milburn    | 18.91 | 18.87 |   18.89 |
| Devin Doss        | 19.01 | 18.89 |   18.95 |
| Daniel Agosh      | 19.15 | 18.85 |   19.00 |
| Julio Vellon      | 19.11 | 18.99 |   19.05 |
| Tyler May         | 19.08 | 19.02 |   19.05 |
| John Dough        | 19.27 | 19.07 |   19.17 |
| Gavin Wilson      | 19.22 | 19.15 |   19.18 |
| Samuel Michel     | 19.26 | 19.35 |   19.31 |
| Kozak             | 19.96 | 18.86 |   19.41 |
| Jared Murillo     | 19.55 | 19.36 |   19.45 |
| Glen Milburn      | 19.12 | 20.00 |   19.56 |
| Aaron Lurie       | 19.49 | 19.86 |   19.67 |
| Andrew Marsh      | 20.34 | 19.87 |   20.11 |
| Curt Wagner       | 20.41 | 19.88 |   20.15 |
| Damian Bowers     | 19.01 | 22.21 |   20.61 |
| Blair Lockhart    | 22.57 | 18.87 |   20.72 |
| Austin Painter    | 21.35 | 21.77 |   21.56 |
| Tristan Skyles    | 44.77 | 99.99 |   72.38 |

^^I'll make better formatting for that crap by next week, I promise!

What this means is, here is the alternates list for the week:

Samuel Michel

Jared Murillo

Glen Milburn

Blair Lockhart

Tristan Skyles

• Upvote 3

Guys, I'm at work right now so I can't fix the brackets, however here's the situation:

hobbytownracing messaged me and told me to change his name to Austin Smith. He didn't tell me what his current name was, so I accidentally thought he was Gavin Wilson (sorry Gavin!). This has resulted in it looking like Austin made it into the brackets twice. The #16 spot (Austin Painter) is actually Austin Smith, and the #10 spot (Austin Smith) is actually Gavin Wilson. I will fix it tonight when I get home, I just wanted to clear up all the confusion.

Let this say something to the rest of you, though. If you're going to need to protect your identity with a fake name, please pick a name and stick to it. Having to change names is a pain in the butt for me in this system (I'm fixing that tonight just so I don't have to put up with it anymore). I completely understand concealing your identity, as I did so as a wee lad for many years (Andrew Smith, YUH!). However, if you're going to change your name, please make sure to tell me who you are, what truck you drive, and what you want to change your name to, so I can do this properly. None of this "i am such-and-such" as that just will not fly.

Thanks,

runt9

• Upvote 1

For everyone, here is a list of trucks you will need tonight. Please make sure you have them!

Gentle Ben 1
Hot Shoe
Vengeance VII
Radio Active
AAP Grinder
Steel Phathom
Wrecking Crew
Grave Digger
Five Star Fury
Rabid Ram
Canadian Crippler III
El Toro Loco
Captains Curse
Chaotic Intentions
Copenhagen Crusher
Blue Grave Digger
  • Upvote 1

Tonight was one of the worst events I've ever directed. Period. I'm not going to detail all the things that went wrong, but I am going to say that this league needs more maturity and assistance from some of its racers. The officials can't do it alone, we need everyone to be ready to go and do their job. I don't want another night like this to ever happen again. On that note, Austin Smith has been permanently banned from all future IDS events. His express lack of concern for rules and his inability to listen when officials were telling him to do something, not to mention the private subordination on AIM after the race, have landed him underneath the ban hammer.

Congratulations to Michael DesRoches for taking the racing crown and Damian Bowers for taking the freestyle win with a 31. I hope next week is better than this one. Thanks again, everyone!

tonight suffered some hicups that is for sure,
It takes EVERYONE on point for these events to run smoothly.

I'm already working on unifying all the league trucks into a single download to make it easier for everyone to be able to judge freestyle as needed.

• Upvote 1