V5 Blog

Are the tachometers and speedometers going to work, and be synced with the speed and RPM's of the truck? Just curious. :P

(mesh guff here, place the needle sepeartely) add_animation 45,0,0  source: speedo, mode: x-rotation

replace 45 with the tach's full swing in degrees, off the top of my head i'd estimate it to be somewhere around 70 degrees, merry christmas.

also what i do is i model the mesh and needle/plunger/stick/whateverthehell solidly, then move the mesh so the origin point is central to the fulcrum of what animates, and then split the mesh into two bits. that way you can place a bigger mesh more accurately and slap the same coordinates onto the animated thing and have it line up without hassle

• Upvote 3

I know Rock has been working on fixing some minor bugs that come with making the work without affecting the actual suspension, he will probably have to chime in here but I would not be surprised if they were going to be included

Yea i got them working last night. I added a whole new set of nodes and beams specifically for them. It did affect the suspension but thats only because of the weight of the new beams. However, i brought the weight down so its back to normal basically.

• Upvote 5

Here is another look at crusader, with my new steering knuckles, with teathers made by rockcrwlr!

Yes those red tie rods are not smoothed yet, becuase they are still being worked on, but other than that enjoy!!

7716154.png

3766669.png

How hard would it be to code for each bolt, tie rod, four-link, etc. to break separately and realistically and how would that affect frame rate? 

Here is another look at crusader, with my new steering knuckles, with teathers made by rockcrwlr!

Yes those red tie rods are not smoothed yet, becuase they are still being worked on, but other than that enjoy!!

That chrome is stupidly strong. Tone that crap down

ROR and breakable trucks are not great online, Box5's old breakables cause MASSIVE fps drop once the body started to crumple up, not to mention if you ran it over it stuck to your tires

Not true in .38

• Upvote 1