Taking a Week Off

runt9

Hello everyone,

There are a lot of things going on right now. I'm getting ready to move in two weeks, and there are some bugs with the website that need to get patched up, so I'm going to go ahead and give us all an off week this week. We will definitely resume the following week at New Liberty Stadium, so be ready for that!

• Upvote 3

I am in the process of converting my main operating system to Linux (for many reasons). I am 90% sure RoR will run properly on Linux given enough time to screw with it, but I make no guarantees that we'll have an event this week. I can already say that qualifying will be pushed back at least a day. I also have a lot of packing to do to get ready to move next weekend. If nobody minds, I'd like to just push off for another week to get all my ducks in a row, but if people absolutely have to have IDS this week, I can dual boot into Windows to make this work.

It seems I'm not the only one busy this week. Let's push it off til next week. No guarantee I'll have internet next Sunday, but I'll do my best to make sure I'm ready to roll for next Thursday. I'll let you all know if something changes.

One thing I didn't consider is that I don't have access to the server all the web stuff is hosted on from my apartment, since it's at my mom's place. Until I get everything transferred, we won't be able to run IDS. I'll try to get this done by next weekend.

Oh hush you. My brother threw together a server box with the spare parts he had lying around and will be delivering it to me this weekend. Once I have that and get the VPN setup, I'll have access to the website again and can get us a race done this week.

-sigh- My brother was going to come over today but some stuff came up and now he's not able to make it over here. I'm going to try to find another way to get at what I need on the web server and let you all know how I make out.

EDIT: I have ssh access to the site temporarily, so we will be able to get an event done this week. Thread will be up shortly!