Playstation 4 VS Xbox One

RKM

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which will you buy?

• Playstation 4
    • Xbox One
    • Both
    • Neither

ive had both ps3 and xbox but the only differnce back when i first got both was u dont havee to pay to play ionline on ps3 xbox u do xbox didnt get hacked though ps3 got hacked but was free to play online unless psplus and better graphix ive had to ps3s go out 3 xboxs got red ring so i got rid of them it took a two years for me to kill a ps3 mostly power surges killed it ill take the ps4 because it is better 

Sony and the PS4 are no doubt the winners here, and it's almost a mismatch when you get down to it. Sony's exclusive games were way better (the new iNfamous, The Order 1886, Gran Turismo 6, and Destiny all looked amazing), their support and showcase of small indie developers is great, and the killing blow was their announcement of their policies and the PS4's price point. Sony learned from their mistakes with the PS3 and came out loaded for bare, while Microsoft simply brought a knife to a gun fight; while the hardware with the Xbox 1 is no doubt up to par, what they presented to showcase the system did nothing to highlight it. Sure, Call of Duty looked great, but it'll look just as good on PS4; exclusives are what entice consumers to purchase a particular system, and that's where Microsoft dropped the ball.

Ryse looked good, but the fighting mechanics were rough and only became smooth when you launch into a God of War style timing sequence. Forza 5 was easily the best title they showed, Killer Instinct was a pleasant surprise, and Titanfall looked pretty good; the rest was nothing special as far as i'm concerned. I was expecting a lot from Microsoft coming into E3, but they fell flat on their face while turning their backs on the consumers who helped them get to where they were. They made the exact same mistake Sony did at the beginning of the previous console war, proving the old adage true; those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Microsoft thought that they could do whatever they wanted and their supporters would blindly follow, but today's consumer is smarter and more frugal and they weren't (and more than likely won't) buy what Microsoft is trying to sell them.

But Microsoft's loss could also be Nintendo's gain as favorable opinion of the Xbox 1 went south quickly, this type of mistake is what the Wii U needed; now they just need to get some better exclusives out, and more games in general really. That was one of the reasons why the Wii U has been a somewhat of a flop so far, poor line up of games at launch. But now they have an opening to make some noise and gain some footing, but only time will tell if they take advantage of it or not. I would normally not call a "fight" this early, but Sony KO'ed Microsoft at E3 and I just don't see where Microsoft can turn the tide back in their favor; all of the momentum they had coming into this year's expo is gone and they only have themselves to blame.

And while I won't get one right as it comes, I will be getting a PS4 sooner than later.

I am honestly more impressed with Xbox One. The PS4 looks great, of course, but it's ugly, the controller is ugly and still hasn't had an updated design, and there really isn't anything super new about it. I have a really good feeling that the used game policy is going to change, probably be eliminated. If there is one thing that will make Xbox dead in the water, it's going to be that. As far as the other Xbox gripes go, why do you care that it needs to update once a day? If you have an internet connection, then that really shouldn't be a problem for you. And the "all seeing eye" isn't required to be on constantly and can be turned off. The Xbox exclusive games look better to me, I've always liked Microsoft's OS better, and I feel like they brought more game changes to the table than Sony did.  

• Upvote 2

I am honestly more impressed with Xbox One. The PS4 looks great, of course, but it's ugly, the controller is ugly and still hasn't had an updated design, and there really isn't anything super new about it. I have a really good feeling that the used game policy is going to change, probably be eliminated. If there is one thing that will make Xbox dead in the water, it's going to be that. As far as the other Xbox gripes go, why do you care that it needs to update once a day? If you have an internet connection, then that really shouldn't be a problem for you. And the "all seeing eye" isn't required to be on constantly and can be turned off. The Xbox exclusive games look better to me, I've always liked Microsoft's OS better, and I feel like they brought more game changes to the table than Sony did.  

Not 100% sure but I've seen comments on various other websites noting that the Kinect bit needs to be on if you want to play anything or use your Xbox One at all but no one seems to really know just yet so I believe that is still 50/50. The internet issue will likely not be an issue for most but if anyone is worried about their internet having issues then you probably shouldn't be looking at the Xbox One...one of the other killers early off for MS will be the region lock compared to the non region lock on the PS4. I personally don't like the internet needs for the XB1 as I have had issues with my internet such as random outages or going completely out for a day or two...given that I still would probably leave the console of my choice connected all the time whether it was needed to be or not.

Should be interesting to see what (if anything) Microsoft does to fix any of the potential issues.

I bougt a 360 elite just becaus it was a good deal but in the 2 or 3 years I've had it I have yet to buy a game for it.  I don't think I can do consoles anymore.  I have never played any game online in my own home ever.  I played at friends houses a  few times and that's it.  Seeing how the xbox is so online based I probably wouldn't ever buy one.  That and the preview for it reminds me of a medicine commercial, the list of negatives is longer than the list of positives.  I usually get the newer systems years after they come out because theres no way in hell I'm buying games new with the prices they go for.  Unless some game comes out that I just have to have I probably won't be buying either.  If I were to buy one though it would be a PS4.

Figured I'd post this news. Often times I've seen people with mixed opinions against IGN. Still, they've been my number one source for all things gaming since the N64 was in it's heyday:

Apparently, Microsoft has heard the cry of gamers everywhere, and has changed many of the policies that had gamers crying foul to begin with. Should this be of interest to you, here is a link to the story:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/microsoft-reversing-xbox-one-internet-used-game-policies?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Seems to good to be true. I'll be keeping my eyes on this just in case this turns out to be one huge Rock Roll (inb4 someone posts a YouTube link of Rick Astley).

Either way, I'm still getting an Xbox One. Should this be true, however, it's just icing on the cake. I fear though, that the damage has already been done.

***EDIT***

IGN's report linked above has been confirmed via Xbox's Facebook page announcing news of the change in policy:

https://www.facebook.com/xbox?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

Edited by Hot Shoe
  • Upvote 1

I've been watching the stocks of both Sony & Microsoft

after the Xbox 1 unveil their stocks went down about 1.92% and Sonys up by 3%

I have been keeping my eye out and Microsoft has gone from 36 to 33.26 and fell today .67%

Which is a continuation of an all time low since the 2011 stock market crash, this is caused by the Xbox 1 from what i've see

Sony's stocks have been good lately and went up 1.70% this morning

Also from what I've seen, there are 60% more pre orders for PS4 than Xbox 1