IDS 2013 Spring Season Week 5 - 06/27/13

runt9

We're not blaming anyone for the reason we're not having an event. We all have to try and get back into the swing of things.

With that said, keep in mind that Alex, Robbie and I all have lives and jobs outside of this game. We do try our best to make ourselves available to qualify you all. Sometimes it's easier than others, depending on our schedules and availability.

I've really stopped playing RoR as something to pass the time with, and I've kinda drifted away from monster trucks. (I get burnt out on things quickly). Will definitely qualify next week. I support the idea of Mark being added to the qualifying team because a lot of times I don't get replies from anyone I try to contact.

Guys, I am still extremely busy. I'm having very little time to actually dedicate to the league right now. Mark, you're welcome to qualify people in since you're already helping with the server. This game just isn't my priority right now. I'm trying to make time for you guys since I know how much everyone enjoyed this league, but it's getting tougher and tougher as it goes on. I'll keep you all posted as to whether or not we'll be pushing off this week's event.

Alex, just take your time man. This league isn't life or death to us. We'll be just fine without it during the time off you need to take to get things squared away. Forget about us for now, and take care of yourself first. We'll still be here when you're ready to re-commit your valuable personal time to IDS.

Guys, I truly apologize. My life is not in a position to run a league right now. I'm down to the last $5 in my bank account and I'm trying to pick up programming jobs on the side to pay rent. I want to run this league and enjoy it with all of you, but there are bigger priorities in my life. It's not like I'm still the same 15 year old kid who comes home from school everyday without a care in the world and can spend all afternoon/evening on league stuff. When the time is right, I will come back to run the league again. Until that day comes, we are on official hiatus. I will not let this league die because I've put over 50 hours of work into a website and web server for it, a tournament bracket system I built from the ground up, and something that RoR has never seen before - an administration interface integrated into a backend database for driver/results storage. This league will not die, I will see it through to the bitter end. Just know now is not the right time for it.

• Upvote 3

Alex, take your time. Forget the league and get these issues sorted in your personal life. I hope you succeed in all that you set your hand to do, and that these current predicaments are quickly resolved.

• Upvote 1