X Games 2013

Metallica530

Anyone else out there watching X Games this week? (Aug 1st - Aug 4th)

If so, what events are you most interested in, and who will you be rooting for to get a medal?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For me, I've always enjoyed the Motocross Events and Rallycross.  That and the new Gymkhana Grind event should be interesting. 

As for people I'm pulling for:  Nate Adams and Tanner Foust FTW!

Found this out last night.... No motoX best trick. Apparently it's too dangerous. Looks like I won't be watching the Xgames this year

What?  They're going to take out Moto X Best Trick because it's to dangerous, meanwhile we watched Bob Burnquist break his nose after falling from the Big Air ramp, where people are always dislocating shoulders and, 6 years earlier, having someone fall 47 feet from the quarter pipe. 

Well, there goes another one of my highlights, as well.

• Upvote 1

Obviously I'm rooting for the 4 time Norwegian Champion and 3 time European Champion Sverre Isachsen... Don't really think he is going to win, but X-Games Rallycross is just a huge joke anyway so it really does not count to me at all. 

yea best trick was taken out after the death of caleb moore in January at winter x games in aspen. even though he was in the freestyle comp not best trick. they think that its too dangerous for people to go though and yes it is but that's what brings people in to see the show. kyle loza f'ed his ancle up real bad last year trying the bike flip, and travis pastrana, but what I have been hearing and seeing, is done with fmx as of now. he was a wife and soon a kid coming and he has to focus and more important things now like nascar ugh lol and he was a great shot at winning rally sunday. but tonight im looking forward to seeing Zach warden in bmx big air! he does a bikeflip,backflip,tailwhip over the gap into a huge triple tailwhip. which has gotten him medal multiple times now.

Can't wait for the gymkhana event. Also looking for Travis to try the tp roll

No best trick means no TP roll. Face palm. And he sure as hell won't try to pull a trick in MotoX FS that he had yet to land to dirt.

It should renamed to the not as extreme games. No Moto X best trick just in X Games just isn't X Games to me.

As far as the too dangerous blame goes they owe almost their entire existence and success to the levels of danger there are, many motocross freestyle riders have been injured or killed in the past and regardless of X Games or not it's likely that it will still happen because accidents can and do happen. The fact there has been only one death directly related to an incident during X Games says something about their safety precaution and preparedness.

I used to watch only for the Moto stuff in the past until Rally and the Big Air Ramp were added but that is all I watch and usually most of the BMX stuff. If there isn't anything else on to watch or whatever I was watching gets to be very boring then I just toss X Games on for something to watch even if it isn't something I necessarily enjoy watching.

• Upvote 1

It should renamed to the not as extreme games. No Moto X best trick just in X Games just isn't X Games to me.

As far as the too dangerous blame goes they owe almost their entire existence and success to the levels of danger there are, many motocross freestyle riders have been injured or killed in the past and regardless of X Games or not it's likely that it will still happen because accidents can and do happen. The fact there has been only one death directly related to an incident during X Games says something about their safety precaution and preparedness.

I used to watch only for the Moto stuff in the past until Rally and the Big Air Ramp were added but that is all I watch and usually most of the BMX stuff. If there isn't anything else on to watch or whatever I was watching gets to be very boring then I just toss X Games on for something to watch even if it isn't something I necessarily enjoy watching.

This is somewhat accurate to a tweet I sent to them. It makes no since to me. Maybe they will take out practice now because someone fractured and dislocated their hip. KXGames. Kinda Xtreme Games.