BeamNG: Future of Sim-Monsters?

JJfan48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxDLaqcp41A

Just my thoughts of how it would work

Tracks would be put into the level selector

Packs go into vehicle selector

-The variations of the car being the different trucks (they can be named)

Parks config to change the parts of the truck or remove them or modify and save as a new truck

AI control for possible offline competitions?

Crushable cars with new engine and lag reduced? Probably not

Night tracks possible without having to cheat a way in

Suspensions, shocks, body, chassis all act differently adding a much more realistic feel

Everything damages to make basically breakable very do able without unrealistic destruction as parts can be assigned to break and others not (has to do with node/beam)

Bodies (like Box5GraveDigger's pack and v2) can now break but in a much more realistic manor as parts can be generated seperate from the body 

Example: gravediggerhood.jbeam gravediggerdoorleft.jbeam gravediggerwindshield.jbeam gravediggerbody.jbeam gravediggerheadlights.jbeam 

Stuff like that

Suspensions, transmissions, differentials, shocks, tires, brakes, springs, all can have affects on the vehicles. 

• Upvote 1

considering in order for this to be the future of Sim-Monsters more then 50% of the community(including me) would have to buy or build new gaming computers and considering we dont know if the game will have multiplayer either so even if we switch over it will all be for nothing without multiplayer.

Okay here whats it's looking like. We are going to need to wait before we actually make a full move to BeamNG. We are going to stick with RoR while the BeamNG team makes advancements in their engine. But that doesn't mean a few of us aren't getting started. I've spent a lot of time making Monster Truck terrains for BeamNG in the editor and we are discovering new possibilities with it every day. Me and Klayton have messed around with it a lot. Klayton has messed around more with the trucks, me with tracks. Its not really seriously business, just getting a feel for BeamNG. In the next few years, as servers become available and more updates are made, I defiantly seeing the community moving over.  

• Upvote 4

is it the future? time will tell, if it offers the checklist of stuff that I think almost all monster truck fans want in a game (proper physics, track degradation, truck breakage, etc) it would be kind of dumb not to change to it in my opinion.

Im working on figuring out track degradation. Truck breakage would obviously take time but its definitely possible. Same with proper physics. It would take time to test those and make them perfect. Over time I think BeamNG will offer all these things.

Everything damages to make basically breakable very do able without unrealistic destruction as parts can be assigned to break and others not (has to do with node/beam)

Bodies (like Box5GraveDigger's pack and v2) can now break but in a much more realistic manor as parts can be generated seperate from the body 

Example: gravediggerhood.jbeam gravediggerdoorleft.jbeam gravediggerwindshield.jbeam gravediggerbody.jbeam gravediggerheadlights.jbeam 

Stuff like that

Suspensions, transmissions, differentials, shocks, tires, brakes, springs, all can have affects on the vehicles. 

>implying that isn't exactly what ror already does

I hope they're engine is more optimized in the future. I had 3 frames per second OPENING IT

that's your fault and not the game's, if i can run the tech demo at a reasonable speed on my laptop that can't even do 720p video, that means you are trying to run BeamNG on a few bits of circuit board you found in a bin, with some RAM made out of some belly button lint.

Alot of people probably half of the people on this site are kids ( not saying I am ) and they go and ask ther mothers or fathers to buy them this game and the parents say " No " . So alot of those kids are also looking for a free Monster Jam Game. And yes they can just continue on with RoR but if they go into Multiplayer there would be less people there. Also less events on RoR and more on Beam.  Or they are just really poor and can't afford it ( Which I hope not .) So the point i'm trying to make is that alot of people would be happy and quit " Sim-Monsters".

Alot of people probably half of the people on this site are kids ( not saying I am ) and they go and ask ther mothers or fathers to buy them this game and the parents say " No " . So alot of those kids are also looking for a free Monster Jam Game. And yes they can just continue on with RoR but if they go into Multiplayer there would be less people there. Also less events on RoR and more on Beam.  Or they are just really poor and can't afford it ( Which I hope not .) So the point i'm trying to make is that alot of people would be happy and quit " Sim-Monsters".

Its tough luck dude. Its a game. You have to pay for most games.

• Upvote 1