Down Voting Poll

Roach

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want down votes available?

• Yes, I want down voting
    • No, I don't want down voting

Well it was made into an argument. It didn't have to be one, but people were attacked because they have different opinions. At this point we might as well just keep the system the way it is because there haven't been problems with it.

• Upvote 2

To be honest I don't think a down vote system is needed here at this time.  I would rather see a track and truck voting system with five stars or something like that.  Down votes will just cause problems on here and create more work for the mods and will really would only be usful in arguments or bickering.  Just imagine the extra posts in every argument with someone saying something about the people who downvoted them.  There would literally have to be a ban hammer droping every week.  Also I don't think anyone should have a project downvoted because regardless they put effort into contributing and would be able to be downvoted by those who make no effort.  If you like the project, upvote it.  If you don't like it, leave it alone and possibly offer adivce.  That works good as far as I have seen these last few years.

• Upvote 3

there was bound to be some old wounds opened up because of this topic, probably should have had it as a vote only thread.

as for "ban hammer dropping every week", no it would just mean more pruning of posts, threads and it would be removed yet again.

I like to think that the site is more then accommodating for everyone but if the simple ability of a down vote being re implemented or not is the deciding factor of staying on this site for any of you, and this is going to sound harsh, there was never really a reason for you to be here in the first place.

• Upvote 1