A note concerning V5

Outlawed

I love how an announcement like is made, and most of the annoying "takers" on this site who don't contribute anything useful to the community throw a tantrum and whine about how "they wanted this truck so bad" or "THIS IS PISSING ME OFF" in regards to a pack not being released. 

All ya'll whiners just shut up, because it pisses ME off.

It's sad to see V5 "go out" like this, after the effort and hard work that was put in to it. I think a majority of us are a bit disappointed by the outcome. I however can live with it. I'm not an ungrateful no life peeve who's life just ended just because a virtual pack for a video game won't see the light of day as intended.

It's a sad state of affairs. However, I do believe you guys made the decision that you felt was right to make. I'm just sorry that your hard work in this pack seemingly was torn to bits by some jackoff.

I don't see it why everyone should be punished for a troll's action. By feeding him, hes the only one with the content and we get jack squat. I say continue on because if not, then this looks to me like it's an excuse to not finish it. Take your time with it, it wasn't going to be released til next year anyway. By that time comes around I am sure most people will have forgotten about it. I really doubt a kid would go out of his way to hack a someones profile in which I doubt the content was even kept anyway.

And what content is that? As was stated, what this loser got away with isn't even a resemblance to what we could have expected from V5. The next line of your post can be taken as a slap in the face. These guys are surely not looking for an "easy way out". If they wanted an excuse not to finish the pack, they would have found one better than this.

Have you contributed anything to this community? Who are you to make this statements? Even if these guys did want to stop working on the pack, isn't that their choice?

It is done on their own time, their own schedules. They don't owe us anything. They don't even have to work on this stuff. Especially not when in the end, it's released in to the hands of ungrateful users who lose their head when they hear content won't be released that they somehow feel entitled to.

My above statement deviates from the topic at hand. In the end, this isn't the end of the world. To those who are getting worked up because they won't get Grave Digger, or feel it's unfair that now they won't get the pack need to ease up, and shut up. Find a different hobby if this bothers you so badly.
  • Upvote 6

If I continue to see people turning what Kozak said around to blaming us, I will lock this thread faster than you can say "Don't Do It." On behalf of the staff, we were nice enough to keep you informed as to what we were doing, instead of quitting the project without notifying the community as a whole. We could have just quit and not told anyone, and left you all hanging. If you are going to blame us by saying this is an "excuse", we have the right to not release anything.

Since we are not continuing work on the pack, we have decided to, as Kozak said, release parts and you as the community can put things together as you like. Instead of taking that as an excuse to quit the pack, take it as a chance for everyone to contribute to their own pack. Like I said, if you are going to twist this into being our fault, don't worry about us releasing anything.

• Upvote 4

Getting back on topic here...

As a whole I think V4 was absolutely fine.  Sure, a few visible things could use a bit of buttoning up, but coming from a guy who was completely new to monster truck sims, the physics seem alright to me, and it felt 10x better than whatever game Activision is putting out.  I think, with a bit of tinkering here and there, V4.5 could be revived.  Look at it this way too: current persions of trucks are being released daily, so it's almost as if V4.5 never died out, and it's slowly being filled, by the content makers who are making The Bad Habit 2013, and the current Grave Digger, and so on and so forth.  If we kept getting newer versions of of single truck downloads, we would never have to release another full on pack again, just a bit of physics editing here and there.

Thoughts?