A note concerning V5

Outlawed

Its not even a punishment. My respect for you has just gone out the window for what you just said. This is the 2nd pack I've been able to get the "behind the scenes" look at, and its not a walk in the park. It has been just stressful for everyone involved in this pack. The idea of releasing the props, physics etc. is probably the best thing for every one. What I'm assume will happen is the makers will release trucks/props/physics etc. As they finish them and the community can choose what they do with the content and make their own trucks. It's funny because Anthony didn't even get his hands on V5 and its a shame the project has to go out in a way that will probably disappoint a portion of the community. I see a broad future with this content though. NO ONE will be disappointed with this new content. It's the best stuff that these guys have made yet and I hope soon the whole community will get to drive this stuff. ( And I hope you guys don't get too much lag :P )

Your arrogance is pissing me off very much. We aren't worried. We are making a good decision for our community.  Get your head out of your ass and try to understand our position here. 

What does this have to do with respect? You guys are right, I know nothing about this kid, so kill him with fire before he lays eggs. I still think it some B.S. that we won't get the pack because some kid that has done this more then once is going to keep hacking. Down the road when he hacks V6 7 8 9 10 etc. Are we just not going to get the packs? I was really enjoying seeing the trucks get overhauld and how far you guys have come is far too impressive. Like me wanting to delete my art page because of trolls, why would you want to when you go so many follows and respect for what you do that they follow it and love, such as with this site, myself?

• Upvote 2

Ahh I had this gut feeling that this would happen because it happens with EVERY BIG THING THAT COMES OUT! WHY, why must some no life kid come just........imma stop myself there.

As said before R.I.P. V5 but you know, it's life.

What can some of you not get. There will be no V5 or V6 or V7, and i do agree with the release of parts so the community can make a "pack" not just a group of 8 or so guys.

i like the max d decade of destruction design and i want the bad so do other people

will you please shut the hell up. How about you wait like everyone else and wait till they release the props or whatever and you make it yourself, oh wait when have you made anything? its people like you that stress the makers of the pack out and cause others who can wait to be punished.

• Upvote 4

I'm sorry, and normally I'm not one to jump in on matters such as this. But it would be stupid to not continue this project. I understand that some stuff leaked, but why in the hell would that keep you guys from continuing with it? It's a damn disappointment. Not in the fact that we won't get the new pack, but that the staff virtually just gave up on progressing the the game. This is already turning into MTM2. It really just sounds like an excuse to give up on the project as a whole. With all the progress made on the project and everything you guys had planned, I don't understand how you would let a leak make everything come to a grinding hault. I'm sure other contributors to the project have given out plenty of stuff to others to that nobody else knows about. 

With that said, I truly do appreciate the work that was put forth, and while I understand the developers don't owe us anything and do this on THEIR time, I don't understand why you would let all the work go out the window for something so minute. It just doesn't add up. 

• Upvote 6

I don't understand why you would let all the work go out the window for something so minute. It just doesn't add up. 

It ISN'T munite. It's nothing short of identity theft from my standpoint, which I've been through three times. It's like some tearing half your body and your whole heart away.

I'm sorry, but it is minute. Absolutely. I realize what he had done was wrong and that nobody likes it, but I fail to see the reasoning as to why it would stop the project. There's a good chance what had leaked wasn't even finished anyways. 

The thing about it is right, he has been able to get everything that was released on this site already so when they eventually do release the props and someone busts their ass for hours making the trucks and they still manage to get it, they still win. I say we take legal action towards all those no lifes and file a lawsuit and get them to pay for what they have done.

• Upvote 2

There's a good chance what had leaked wasn't even finished anyways. 

You obviously didn't read the initial post. What he got wasn't any where close to finished.

I'm sorry, but it is minute. Absolutely. I realize what he had done was wrong and that nobody likes it, but I fail to see the reasoning as to why it would stop the project. There's a good chance what had leaked wasn't even finished anyways. 

Nothing is minute about a hacker going in behind your back, invading one's privacy, trespassing where they don't belong to steal and damage. I'm glad you think this is a matter that can so easily be swept under a rug, but to those involved, it could have lead to numerous other headaches.

This is already turning into MTM2. It really just sounds like an excuse to give up on the project as a whole. 

I fail to see what you mean by "already turning in to MTM2".

In MTM2 we didn't have a dedicated group working on truck packs. Whoever wanted to create whatever truck they wanted to see made was able to do so through having the models provided to them. It was left up to those users to fill in the gaps. If a certain Grave Digger didn't exist, then one, two or three users individually, or as a group would work to bring the truck to the community. Eventually, current trucks were brought to the community at a more rapid pace instead of huge leaps, months or years at a time.

• Upvote 1

Stop complaining that they aren't releasing an official V5! Yea, it sucks for us, but imagine what it is like for the people who worked on these trucks! They put so much time and effort into the trucks for US, and you turn around and blame THEM? Don't get mad at them, get mad at the person who is hacking them (not to mention that is a crime) I know what it is like to make content for this game. It is a long, challenging, and very time consuming process. I would be pissed if this happened to me after all the work I had done to it, and I would be EVEN more pissed if I came on the site to see people complaining about something that was completely out of my control. So just be happy that they took the time to do this for US in the first place.

Watch your attitude, slick.

That is NOT what you said. You clearly stated

There's a good chance what had leaked wasn't even finished anyways. 

As what was stated in the inital post:

to get half finished content that sadly does not even remotely showcase what we had in store,

So "there's a good chance" shouldn't have factored in to it if you read it.