Official Monster Truck "Silly Season" Thread 2014

Roach

It's almost 1st quarter and there are already plenty of headlines coming into the 2014 season. Let's get this started!

• Advance Auto Parts not re-signing with Monster Jam for 2014
  • River Rat, Heavy Hitter (re-debut), Stinger, Overkill Evolution, Team Survivor to make debut in Monster Jam this year
  • Vaters Motorsports adds a 4th truck to it's fleet
  • The Patriot to run with new racesource chassis, Tropical Thunder to be on The Patriot's frame
  • New body on Monster Mutt Rottweiler
  • Chris Bergeron retires
  • Spike to run on Brutus' chassis
  • Wild Thang....?
  • Monster Nationals to add more trucks to competition
  • Nicole Johnson still sucks
  • Upvote 13

Vater's 4th truck, is it not just Tim Bee's new truck?

overkill evolution. need more information plox

also the Slifko's are apparently done with MT's as per Zane Rettew, the fellow that bought Instigator, bought the new Backdraft.

Tim Bee's new truck has nothing to do with Vaters' 4th truck. I'll be putting up information within the next few weeks regarding the new truck (Overkill Evolution) on the VMM Facebook page. And yes, Paul Breaud did purchase Jeremy's newest chassis and will be running it in Trenton, NJ to start the year, but I'm unsure of what he'll do with it for the remainder of the first quarter. 

Wait a min. If Wild Thang is returning, who's driving it??

Last I heard, a man by the name of Doug Charles our of Louisiana bought the whole Wild Thang operation off of Shafer and will be driving the truck come first quarter. Correct me if I'm wrong, by any means, because I haven't heard this story in about a year.

'tis official:

5afmJ.png

Not like we all didn't see it coming anyway.

The only explanation I can think of is they just wanted to throw someone in for doing pretty much only arena shows. He's had good moments but he still has a long way to go before he is on the same skill level as the second biggest monster truck name in monster jam.