Building MTM3...

Jpez1432

I like the idea of Sim-Monsters. I know there was a project call "Project Monster" that never took off.. any other suggestions? Still reading up on different 3D engines and what is free to use, also looking at different libraries to utilize instead of reinventing the wheel so that we can get this project going faster.

-James

I appreciate that Outlawed. The more people that contribute will make for a better game. I'm working with my friend who serves www.natas8.com my website about hooking up the database for a forum. I always liked the name "Project Monster" and I am leaning towards that. If anyone objects or has other suggestions I am open to hearing them. Tom P. as of a donation for an SDK I don't think that is necessary at all, but much appreciated. There are several 3D engines  that we can use for free as long as it isn't sold, and some have to remain open source but, getting paid was never my intentions so... I'm gonna keep on researching different aspects of the game that need to be evaluated before making any final decisions. I also wanted to ask if there is any programmers on this forum that would be will to help?

I should have completed import/export plugins for Milkshape by tomorrow if anyone wants to edit mesh files outside of Blender. I've tried everything to get it to work with no luck Tomorrow I should have a release on my site (www.natas8.com) with the plugins for Milkshape. It is a simple model editor, a quick search on Google will find it. The plugins don't open *.Mesh files straight forward, you'll have to download the Ogre3D command line tools which I'll supply a link and drop your *.Mesh file on it which outputs a *Xml file which can be imported/exported and then dropped back on the Ogre3D command line tools to create a *.Mesh file for use with ROR. Pretty easy, I'll include instructions and a link tomorrow.

Well, never got the chance to work on, let alone finish the plugins for Milkshape. Been busy setting up Christmas decorations. Also busy playing with my new projector... pretty neat playing ROR on the wall with a 10 foot image. roosterpit view is insane, just need to get another wheel again. I'll try and get the plugins going and hopefully be able to get a forum going on my website www.natas8.com until then keep on truckin'

-James

Well, after looking at several different 3D engines I think I would like to attempt to write my own. It isn't as complicated as it sounds. Not only that, but my main focus will be to recreate soft-body physics. I know enough OpenGL to clone/mimic Ogre3D graphics and then some so.... I'm not sure if I am going to use the truck files from ROR, I think I am going to start from scratch but there will be a converter for Project Monster. That is another thing I decided, was to call it Project Monster. I offically created a folder on my desktop called "Project Monster" so the game is now underway... I've been reading up on the physics mainly. Learning some more OpenGL, I am going to use as many libraries as possible to avoid reinventing the wheel and to speed up production, other then the graphics engine of course. I've updated natas8.com a little. Until thend...

-James

• Upvote 2