New Monster Jam Game

DDT

So yesterday i downloaded the New Monster Jam video game yesterday...and let me just say i didnt have high expectations and this game didnt even achieve those. To start the controls are weird to play, you have to use a slider on the screen for the throttle and tilt the device to steer and theres no settings to chance to change that. There are 4 different game modes to play, those 4 are Racing, Freestyle, Hill Climb, Long Pull. Racing and Freestyle are indoor semi realistic (Ill get to what i mean by Semi in a moment) Hill climb is kinda like the Game Monster Truck Nitro where its a side view and you have to try to get through a long straight course filled with Jumps and obstacles and reach the end without destroying your truck. And Long Pull is like a mini game distance pull where you have to try and pull a jet as far as your truck can. Now for the physics (this is what i mean by semi realistic) THEY SUCK.... and no not like POD suck i mean like it feels like the physics came out of a penny arcade game. they dont really affect the racing to much but for freestyle they ruin the game. You go to jump straight your truck does a front flip most of the time, you hit a cruch car and they explode sending your truck flying across the floor and eh the entire physics engine is just one big massive FAIL. Now for track selection theres only 1 THATS RIGHT 1 level for each mini game. For the stadium racing and Freestyle your in Anaheim and for the 2 mini games your in Detroit. Now for truck selection i give this part a thumbs up because theres a pretty decent selection of trucks to choose from with 16 trucks in it (GraveDigger, Max D, Crusader, Zombie, Mutts (Rotty has the new body) Madusa, El Diablo, El Toro Loco, Mohawk, Legend, SUD, Northern Nightmare, Blue Thunder). The graphics in the game i will also say look great especially for a mobile game.

Summary

Pros

-Great Graphics

-Decent truck selection off the bat

-realistic stadium racing and freestyle course

Cons:

-Horrible Physics(If these were changed to be similar to MTD it would at least be a decent game overall)

-Weird Controls

-1 track for each game mode

-Limited amount of play at a time (each race uses gas and when you run out you have to wait for refill...kinda like FB games)

-have to wait for your new trucks and truck upgrades to arrive after you buy them (20 minutes for parts and hour for trucks)

• Upvote 1