improving sim monsters

well i love your site and everything but i think to get more people tracks and trucks should be released more often, justa suggestion idk how it works, so please reply if you are bc idk how this stuff works

in order to get more content out more frequently we need more willing people to make stuff  ;)

• Upvote 2

Even if tr?cks were released more often, I'd hardly consider it to be an "improvement".

"Improving Sim-Monsters" could imply that the functionality of the site is in question, when such is not necessarily the case.

If that is a reference to the profile edit problem that is 100% on IP Board, nothing anyone here can do about it, been a problem for awhile there was a time when Brian got a way around it working that I helped test then the forum got updated and the problem came back. However I'm not sure if the same work around can be implemented again or not.

Also in a somewhat unrelated and related manner, most of us know the RoR developers have moved on to BeamNG and I do not know if any of them still have any involvement with RoR other then the main RoR forums and making their own mods so with that we are pretty much self reliant on everything now. Monster truck wise once this site started it pretty much became reliant 100% on users who choose to take their free time and make more stuff for this game for all of us to enjoy, simple solution to more content is more people learning blender and making it. I can't foresee another mega pack project happening again as everyone gets fed up with all the drama involved with it fairly quick so we're pretty much stuck with what we have for now and another thing to remember is that we aren't all going to be able to build stuff for this..or any game for ever. One person can not do it all, there are a small number of people still here with RoR that came from MTM2 that know how to run a league or make some really awesome stuff some of them just race now. We should try to help each other and the new users that show up instead of trying to troll them or run them out like they are invading our fortress...nobody seems to want to do that for some reason and if there are no new users joining then it will not make it to the 5 year mark.

If we want this site and game to live for 5+ years some things need to change but the main thing to me are the arguing and the whole I'm better then you crap needs to stop...which it seems to be slightly changing for the better but only time will tell on that. I also think the mega packs need to stop, the current V4 pack I have is almost 1GB...and that is the compressed .zip version as it is well over 1GB if I were to unpack it. Stand alone trucks or smaller packs I think are the way to go, sure there will be more .zip files but it won't take some users 5 or more hours to download that. There are a few other things I would like to see change but those are by far the 2 major ones that I've seen around here a lot more then I would like to. Sim-Monsters opened in September of 2010 so that marks this year come September as the 4th anniversary of the site, and I'm quite pleased to say that I've been around for most of those years and sure I've done some things others disagree with and some I myself disagree with but I think everyone goes through a period in their life like that. With that said let's keep this place alive...not for ourselves but for those that wanted the most realistic monster truck game they could have dreamed of...we pretty much have that and it is rather obvious that without it we would probably be waiting our entire lifespan for it. :o

Sorry for kind of going way off topic.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

If that is a reference to the profile edit problem that is 100% on IP Board, nothing anyone here can do about it, been a problem for awhile there was a time when Brian got a way around it working that I helped test then the forum got updated and the problem came back. However I'm not sure if the same work around can be implemented again or not.

Also in a somewhat unrelated and related manner, most of us know the RoR developers have moved on to BeamNG and I do not know if any of them still have any involvement with RoR other then the main RoR forums and making their own mods so with that we are pretty much self reliant on everything now. Monster truck wise once this site started it pretty much became reliant 100% on users who choose to take their free time and make more stuff for this game for all of us to enjoy, simple solution to more content is more people learning blender and making it. I can't foresee another mega pack project happening again as everyone gets fed up with all the drama involved with it fairly quick so we're pretty much stuck with what we have for now and another thing to remember is that we aren't all going to be able to build stuff for this..or any game for ever. One person can not do it all, there are a small number of people still here with RoR that came from MTM2 that know how to run a league or make some really awesome stuff some of them just race now. We should try to help each other and the new users that show up instead of trying to troll them or run them out like they are invading our fortress...nobody seems to want to do that for some reason and if there are no new users joining then it will not make it to the 5 year mark.

If we want this site and game to live for 5+ years some things need to change but the main thing to me are the arguing and the whole I'm better then you crap needs to stop...which it seems to be slightly changing for the better but only time will tell on that. I also think the mega packs need to stop, the current V4 pack I have is almost 1GB...and that is the compressed .zip version as it is well over 1GB if I were to unpack it. Stand alone trucks or smaller packs I think are the way to go, sure there will be more .zip files but it won't take some users 5 or more hours to download that. There are a few other things I would like to see change but those are by far the 2 major ones that I've seen around here a lot more then I would like to. Sim-Monsters opened in September of 2010 so that marks this year come September as the 4th anniversary of the site, and I'm quite pleased to say that I've been around for most of those years and sure I've done some things others disagree with and some I myself disagree with but I think everyone goes through a period in their life like that. With that said let's keep this place alive...not for ourselves but for those that wanted the most realistic monster truck game they could have dreamed of...we pretty much have that and it is rather obvious that without it we would probably be waiting our entire lifespan for it. :o

Sorry for kind of going way off topic.

Can't say it any better. Honestly, this site has come a long way. With all the drama and the 'Incident' involving someone hacking/finding something (Dear lord, new topic will come up now), Rhis site will somehow turn out fine. As long as us members help this site.