BeamNG

Aces98

10 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

You just said it's hard to break the truck...

@Dantesinferno52 While I do agree it's a better game, I prefer this because it's easier to run on computers and is free.

i thought you meant with the tuning, it's very easy to break the truck.

near the end of these videos i took

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rockgod88 said:

bbbruh.

7ZWgapI.png

not bad.

then there is something else wrong, front should be 26" and the rear 30". There are plenty of good photos on the interwebs of a CRD truck sitting at "race" spec height and photos with the suspension fully dropped out. The trucks in the video look like they have too little.

So all of these were made using RoR models and textures, no?

Also, how is it performance wise compared to RoR? Does it use more or less system resources? RoR seems to hog a lot, but gives little in terms of graphics (IMO). My computer seems like it would fit the mid-performance requirements. The reason I ask is I haven't yet put my stage 4 trucks in RoR, so I'm wondering if I should bypass RoR and convert to BeamNG when the models are ready.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Helen Weales said:

So all of these were made using RoR models and textures, no?

Also, how is it performance wise compared to RoR? Does it use more or less system resources? RoR seems to hog a lot, but gives little in terms of graphics (IMO). My computer seems like it would fit the mid-performance requirements. The reason I ask is I haven't yet put my stage 4 trucks in RoR, so I'm wondering if I should bypass RoR and convert to BeamNG when the models are ready.

I was able to run the game at decent settings with a GTX 650, 8 GB of RAM, and a 3.0 GHz i5 Quad-Core if that's of any help. It definitely requires more than RoR, but not as much as you would think it would.

• Upvote 1

To clarify I never said the ROR engine has better physics. The BeamNG engine killed ROR. It's just that the truck physics in ROR are more polished for the time being, and Beam doesn't have multiplayer yet.. It's starting to look better than I remember it being a few months ago with the trucks being less loose and floaty. BeamNG runs like hell on my pc, which isn't a bad system, but that's just me.

beamng is more CPU intesive than anything. and the devs might not be able to get multiplayer working, too many calculations that need to happen in game for the car crashes.....but two people got multiplayer working abiet a bit laggy but that was before the devs ripped all multiplayer related code from the game