>oh cool V3

>get back into it on cifpo

>this julio and devin guy won't leave me alone

>make friends

>make another underground swag league

>start in real leagues

>try own league

>fail own league

>MORGAN KANE POSTS A PICTURE OF RYAN ANDERSON ON A TRACK I MADE.

>keep doing leagues

>become co owner of mror

>get in fight with owner of mror

>not co owner anymore

>do more things

>finally make things people like

>finally win a thing

>finally get 1,000 posts

>finally make this post

>become better than everyone else

• Upvote 6

Once upon a New Year's Eve in 2010, in a land above America, I was on YouTube dying of boredom. All of a sudden, I stumbled across a video by Liquidfire. It was Superman freestyling on the old Sam Boyd. I was in love. I immediately made an account (underage) and was immediately a pretty big noob, as can be seen here. I was allowed to stay on the site though, but all I did was post.

When I eventually decided I wanted to get into track making, I started to make things, very BAD things, like this. Fast forward some tracks, I get into Blender, and make these, my firstsecond, third, and fourth Blender creations. First four Blender tracks ever. Pretty bad.  And then, my first replica........oh god....

But now, I make somewhat better things, race in leagues, Co-Own a league with my friend Aaron, and have fun with all of the friends i've made on here. All in all, this site is pretty cool, and I hope it stays for a long time.

I have been a massive monster truck fan since I was 6 if I can remember. All I remember was my 6th birthday party being monster truck themed. So I played all of the Monster Jam games that have been released. In 2008 I somehow found MTM2. I only played on my computer and never online because I never figured out how to play online. Then one day in 2010 I saw videos of Rigs of Rods Monster Jam on Youtube. I said "I have to get this game"

After many failed install attempts on different computers it finally worked. Then I made a SM account. It's banned now. I spammed the forum asking for a custom truck made for me, but we all did nooby things (the account was underage to.) I would just play around online with who ever was on the SM server. I finally decided to get an AIM and got involved with a bunch of temporary mini leagues, Edy had alot to do with them. Edy was the very first person on this forum I got to be friendly with and know. Then around new years of 2012 we got a new internet router. I wanted to see if Sim-Monsters worked and it did.

Made a new account which is this one. After that I met a bunch of people and raced in a bunch of independent leagues while we were waiting for season 3. I have tried my stab at content and I hope to improve. I have raced in majority of the Sim-Monsters leagues and I owned the defunct RORMD. Sim-Monsters and Monster Trucks is probably my biggest hobby and I will be on this site and enjoying this hobby till I have no choice but to stop. 

In 2010 when i was 10 years old, I came across a ror monster truck video, I was like Johan, I used to change my name all the time and was a really big noob, I used to be know as a last name from a friend, and became know as, hmosk. Then I got banned and didn't play ror for a year till I learned my lesson. My real name is Hagan James, but back then I was hmosk. I was really sorry for those I aggravated. Then, about 7 months when v3 was released, I decided to use my real name because I want to be myself this time. Now, I came from a stupid, no good, piece of crap of a noob, to an OK person who now makes his own trucks rather than aggravate the heck out of a creator who is making a good project. If you guys have anything to say about me, just hit me up a message on aim, and really sorry to those I hurt. The guys that I aggravated, didn't deserve this kind of behavior. Now I'm grown up and ready to face whats coming to me.

• Upvote 1

Well just like 90% of the other members who replied to this post I too started here via Youtube, Yeah I looked at RORMJ events and eventually found 37.117. Back then I used a computer which got 0.5 fps and thats where(idk if Edy remembers this) but that is where I met Edy and Frank(his cousin). Fast forward a few months,got a "new" computer and can finally play this game to its full potential. Chris was one of the first people I formally met and then I started talking to all his friends(now mine). Later I mixed in with the wrong people and did some things I wasnt proud of and got a fully reseasonable punishment. Got into the loop with getting Aim and Skype and basically made some good friends on here. TBH I'm not as big of a monster truck fan as everyone else I just find them along with Off-road Trophy Truck Racing cool as hell. I've never been to a monster truck show but I hope to go with some of these guys when I get a little older. Anyway I later started making tracks in blender that are floating around in my terrains that probably will never be released but yeah some of them are. Anyway I competed in several leagues, my first one was Big Dawgs and I was really suprised at how well I did. Went onto RTR and eventually Co ran MROR then called (Monster Jam ROR version...yeah). Joined alot other leagues and had some more success but sadly its nearing where I cant be doing this as much as I used to or at all. Well this is my story had my ups and downs but I cant complain much because I'm glad that I meant alot of you guys.

It all started back in maybe 2008 when i was really into rock-crawling, and wanted to find a game to rock crawl. I searched on Google for days and finally found a site that recommended rigs of rods for a rock crawling game. I was thrilled because it was such a great simulator but eventually i got bored of rock crawling and took a break from rigs of rods for a couple years. Over that year my interest in monster trucks grew so I decided to look for monster trucks for rigs of rods, and i found about this site. I've had an account on sim monsters for 2 or 3 years but I was very quiet so nobody really knew me. Just this year i have started to speak out, and attempt new things like making body's on blender, and I have really gotten the hang of that. Its great to be here in the community, and i'm happy that I spoke out instead of being quiet all that time.

Yeah, I really was. But my best friend moved away to Texas, then I felt guilt inside me from that incident back then. So I decided to let the truth out. So for those of you I really hurt, I'm really sorry and yuo guys didn't deserve that crappy behavior.

Most of you probably aren't going to read this but, what the hey.

Became a big monster truck fan when my family first got Speed channel, when I stumbled across the Captian's Curse World Finals 7 run on TV. Watched the show off and on, and bounced around the interwebz watching monster truck videos and so forth. Believe it was summer of 2011, I stumbled across the RORMJ World Finals Freestyle video and sat ther mezmotized about how cool it was seeing a realistic monster truck game in the flesh. Started watching the replays of RORMJ for awhile, really likig that it was a bug change from the TV show. Everything just seemed to feel like an actul compotition instead of a circus act. And if you're reading this Dig, I found your announcing over the videos superb. Props to you.

Played a lot of video games at the time of the event replays, and most of the guys I paled around with kept talking about "V3" and an upcoming "V4". Finally after asking around, I found out the game was RoR, and the V3 and V4, what I thought of as game codeing, were truck packs. Few months later I decided to download RoR. At this time, I beliee I downloaded .38, and I had no idea how to add vehicals and maps, so shortly after...uninstall.

Months went by, and the hype for V4 grew and grew until it came out. I couldn't take it anymore. I got around to asking Nick Migues, nephew of Darren Migues, if he could help me get it set up to run this V4 pack and all. After lots of trial and error, I finally figured out how to get everything going. First time in game was Metal Mulisha at RockCrwlr's WF13. Instantly had a blast with it, and joined Sim-Monsters. Wasn't that good at driving, and I still stink eith racing, but I tried to qualify for events.

First attempt was Fall Madness II, in Wonder Wagon. Didn't go well, but I did find it cool to meet Josh Rhodes, the guy that I'd been listening to in those videos for all that time, and at that moment, I knew I was gonna enjoy RoR because I had seen what went on with series and all.

Second attempt at an event was Mayhem at Christmas Village, driving The Felon. To my suprise, I did end up qualifying, but was dropped due to the mistake of using the web based AIM, where I couldn't be added to group chats. So close.

Tried ORL and SSRS, both with no luck. Then came ROR-MTC (Probably got that wrong, , Chadwick's league, planning on using leafers next season..help me out, fellas.). First event I signed up for and ran went great. Was in my own Heavy Metal truck, on a straight drag course, and made it to the finals. Then guess what...I jumped the start and lost right then and there.

Needless to say, I've had some pretty dumb luck with racing, but all in all, I enjoy the community. Great guys that aren't afriad of havig a good time, and great livestreams when you roll the truck in the first corner of an SSRS track. Besides the losing streak, I'm happy for the welcome, and all the good spirited people I've met over the ladt year and a half. One last thing. I applaud you if you read my whole fanboyish story.

I played MTM2 forever, I found ROR and played it. Then started doing skins. Eventually I uploaded a pic to my Flickr account of the WFX track Brian made for safe keeping (thinking I had made the pic private), next thing I know Max is all mad because of this Hitler Max pic was on the back of the scoreboard... Then SM was formed lol. That is my ROR story.

• Upvote 1

Started out playing MTM2 in 2005 played never participated in any leagues. got out of MTM2 in 2010. Found out about ROR in 2010 after seeing a video of Box5's pack. played around with that until I discovered liquid's V2 pack then I really started getting into playing ROR by downloading a few tracks. Got bored after while then I came back around when V3 was released and finally decided to get an account on this site which is this account. When V4 came out I started getting interested in leagues tried a couple leagues,Until I found out that most leagues used qualifying which kinda discouraged me because I'm not in any way good at racing(freestyle is my main strength). Started trying out in blender where I made my first truck The Cherry Bomb(In the process of building CBomb II). My computer recently gave out,so for now I'm using my sisters laptop. Anyways  that's my story

Like a few of the guys here, played MTM2 for awhile.. won an SPHRA race or two, and when I could connect on there ran some fun runs.   In 2009 became the Monster Jam Urban Assault champion by not practicing. After that, still played mtm2 a bit, then once I had seen the Box5 video I knew that the future of monster truck simulators would be with RoR. Once that was released I ran RoRMJ and finally broke through with a win in the RoRMJ World Finals racing against Josh Rhodes.  

Once RoRMJ went south I came to Sim-Monsters and ran Season 2, went to the semi-finals or finals in almost 70% of the races winning 3-4 racing events and won a freestyle or two.   After a long season and a World Finals that was delayed almost a month or so, I was crowned Overall and Racing champion of Sim Monsters season 2.   After that I ran in fun runs and what not for awhile, got tired of some crap that was going on and have been on a hiatus from competitions for close to a year or so.  Still mess around with it offline other than that I don't do much anymore.   That's basically my background story of RoR.. 

I've been a fan of monster trucks since I was about a year old. According to my parents, I saw "There Goes a Monster Truck" in about 1996, and I've been watching monster trucks ever since. My parents got me MTM2 in '98 or '99, but I didn't discover VALES and MTM2-dot-com until about 2004 or so. After playing it for years upon years, I decided to play MTM2 online in 2008 or 2009. I was in ARL and another league. I think it was USMJS, but I'm not sure. I only won a single race against Bert, if anybody remembers him, and I quit after a few events. 

I kept playing MTM2 until I saw the Box5 stuff showcased on Monster Mayhem and Draggers when that came out. I've been playing ROR ever since. I drove Arachnophobia in RORMJ, where my only real highlight is averaging a rollover per event, including one crazy-ass barrel roll down the track at Houston. (I was a lightyear behind the other dude, so I just rolled on purpose after the finish just to entertain myself.) I failed to win in three events, so I decided to just sort of lurk and see where the community went. I joined Sim-Monsters when it was brand new with another account that I've posted with, but I've lost the login info for. After that, I've really just lurked, but I plan to stop being a deadweight and make content soon. 

Wow, it really just hit me now that I've been a part of the MTM2 and ROR communities for a total of 10 years or more now... 

Well... like most of you with the whole mtm2 stuff i my self played that. But, it got really boring and i had bought the console Monster Jam games since i thought they looked pretty cool. After time of playing those like Urban assault they got boring as hell.. So, I was on youtube one day in 2011 when i came across this here video

I found out about RoR by watching this and holy hell i got hooked! I wanted to desperately know how to get it and stuff, so i did one day. Just like every new comer...I SUCKED and didnt have no freaking idea how to play or do...and also being a freaking NOOB at the age of 13 asking for help because my V2 trucks showed up white and yeah.

We we're all immature back then and noobish at a time and Me being one i did get banned a few times from here. But we change and become more mature growing up and learn from mistakes, and holy hell did i learn alot. I didnt want to be banned for life from here since i started making crappy tracks in sketch up and skins then moved on to blender and got a bit better, Especially on my skins. I joined SM back in 2011 but man has it changed and improved BIG TIME! Im not gonna lie..im gonna be real honest here... I ENJOY and LOVE being a member on this site and being glad for finding it! And now im just a guy participating in leagues trying to get rid of lag since its my nightmare here while playing RoR but overall it's good meeting new people and making friends.

Thank you guys that make this stuff and take time for US to have and try to have the BEST Trucks and Tracks to have fun and fool around with!

So basically all of us have the same story on how we found out about RoR.

OH! and ps- for you guys that went through my noobness back then, sorry.

-Proud Sim-Monsters Member