Need Opinions On Computer Build

YoungCarter765

Whats up monsters? I need some opinions on the computer that I'm about to purchase and build.

In my price range ($1200), I'm stuck between which CPU to get.. I can either get an i5-4670k ($230 but more expensive Moptherboards) and a GTX 770/760. Or I can get an AMD FX-8350 ($199 and cheaper motherboards) and get an R9 280x graphics card. The 8350 is an 8 physical core 125w processor (weaker cores but more cores), the 4670k is a 4 physical core 84w (stronger cores but less cores) so the i5 has better single core performance but doesn't have HyperThreading.

I want to play games (obviously lol), start building trucks and tracks and streaming things so I figured the 8 core would be better for multi-core/threaded applications, and I can get the higher end GCard. But it doesnt have very good single core performance and alot of games don't use more than 4 cores at the moment but I read that would change since most computer games are ported from console, and the new consoles have 8 cores in them.. So the i5 would have better performance FOR NOW on most games. I just don't know what to do, and I want it to be as future proof as I can make it. I know they say you can't do that when it comes to computer building but I need to.

So let me know what you guys think I should do. I just need some polite opinions and I don't want this to turn into a AMD vs Intel fight. I've read multiple threads on the exact same topic and still can't make a decision. Thanks. If you need more detais on the situation just ask.

I have a i7 processor and I love it. I don't know too much about AMD processors so I can't really tell you which one is better, but I can tell you I am pleased with my i7 and its performance on the games I play often (BF4, Dead Space 3, Amnesia, Rigs of Rods etc). I also have an Nvidia card. And for being a year outdated, it runs pretty damn well. The 770 will be fine for anything you are trying to run. So for your first option, I can tell you that you will have a good rig that will last you a good while. 

As for the second option, I don't know much about AMD hardware so I wouldn't be able to help in the area. But Im sure you could find someone who knows more about that.

Either way with your budget you will be able to build a real good gaming PC.

Good Luck!  ^_^

I'm running the fx 8350 with a radeon 7970, the equivilant to the R9 280, with 16gb ram, and a 990fxa motherboard. $1,100. Runs everything on ultra at 30-40 and high 60+. RoR I average 100-120 on high. 60-70 online with a lot of people. AMD is great for the price at mid range, but if going all out go Intel/Nvidia.

I have a i7 processor and I love it.

Well trust me, if I could afford the i7-4770k, I'd definitely get it. But it won't allow for that in my budget, especially since I have to get an OS. I'd get the i5-4670k for sure if it had hyperthreading.. But like I said also, the 8350 would allow for a higher end graphics card.

Runs everything on ultra at 30-40 and high 60+

Wouldn't it be better for games that run more than 4 core? Like Battlefield 4. Also, the XboxOne and PS4's are 8 core, so if games are ported from them they would perform better on the 8350.. That's what I read anyways. Idk.

Well trust me, if I could afford the i7-4770k, I'd definitely get it. But it won't allow for that in my budget, especially since I have to get an OS. I'd get the i5-4670k for sure if it had hyperthreading.. But like I said also, the 8350 would allow for a higher end graphics card.

Runs everything on ultra at 30-40 and high 60+

Wouldn't it be better for games that run more than 4 core? Like Battlefield 4. Also, the XboxOne and PS4's are 8 core, so if games are ported from them they would perform better on the 8350.. That's what I read anyways. Idk.

For games like that I do suggest an 8 core processor, because they do take up a good amount of cores. Like I said my 8 core processor runs them well.

"Wouldn't it be better for games that run more than 4 core? Like Battlefield 4. Also, the XboxOne and PS4's are 8 core, so if games are ported from them they would perform better on the 8350.. That's what I read anyways. Idk."

Xbox One and PS4 are both running AMD 8 cores, so to my understanding in the next year or two games will be easier to port and better optimized on AMD hardware. I think Intel will always be slightly better, but at mid range AMD is better for the price. The equivalent to the 8350, the i5 4670k, is $50-100 more without a significant increase in performance.

I think I'm gonna go with the 8350. I'll be able to get a better graphics card and I think it will be better for future games with multi-cored support. This decision has been tearing my brain apart lol. I've decided on one at least 6 times a piece and then I find a new review that switches me to the other one. I just wish I had another $200 so I could get the 780 and an i7-4770k..

ROR will have better performance with intel. The only game that is better with AMD at the moment is Battlefield. I have an 8350 and a 270x (waiting on 800 series) And i love it. I was going to go with the 280x before litecoin miners shot it up into the $400 dollar range. The only FPS game i'll really be getting into when it comes out is Battlefront 3. And since that will have Mantle support i knew an 8350 would be best for me and my needs. Also please make sure you get a good PSU, what do you plan on getting now as far the PSU goes?

ROR will have better performance with intel. The only game that is better with AMD at the moment is Battlefield. I have an 8350 and a 270x (waiting on 800 series) And i love it. I was going to go with the 280x before litecoin miners shot it up into the $400 dollar range. The only FPS game i'll really be getting into when it comes out is Battlefront 3. And since that will have Mantle support i knew an 8350 would be best for me and my needs. Also please make sure you get a good PSU, what do you plan on getting now as far the PSU goes?

I got a Corsair CX750M because it was on sale on Amazon for $80 rather than $121 from Newegg. If I went through Newegg I would've had to get a Rosewill HIVE series 700w for $80. But now the CX750M is $79 on Newegg after I've already ordered everything from Amazon. I saved alot going through Amazon. So I was able to get an R9-280x Sapphire Vapor-x instead of the HIS R9-280x IceQ X2 that I was originally going to get, better RAM,a better Mobo and case. So all in all I'm happy I went with Amazon. PLus, I ordered through my Uncle and he has free Prime shipping, so I saved with that also.

Never buy a Emachines computer.

LOL xD That's a given

meh, toshiba and acer laptop, i feel so poor.

Meh, don't feel too poor.. The only reason I was able to afford this was my tax check lol.