Summer Stadium Racing Series on Halt

acdcfan56

As of now, the league will be on halt. I know you guys don't like the idea of it. Neither do I, but it's the only choice we have left. After recent events, Danny Mackey has gotten into personal issues that we cannot put blame on because of it. But now that he isn't available, the workload has been put on only myself and Tharindu, who really wasn't expecting this. It's just way too much stress for us, and we are already losing people because of it. Tharindu and I, try to see how track work is going, but we get no responses, nor updates on progress. I'm not getting the tracks ahead of time to make the threads and to check if they are good for the show, and because of it, we have to keep delaying the events, and it just turns into a massive issue. Many of our helpers have gotten busy with jobs, or other situations that we cannot blame them for either. But because of it, other people have been overworked and have been leaving because of it.

During the events, we have to be getting knew people to help out because the original people, are either not here, or have quit the league. Livestream has not been going as we wanted to, more and more issues start happening, and it slows down the events. Even without doing the livestream, we don't have people to run the event, nor the track itself. It's gotten to the point where we all stress over the event, other than having fun with it, which was the initial idea of the league. Trust me, the events have been great, but for you guys it seems like we are having fun, and enjoying it and all, but ever since week 2, we have been really stressed, and mad about how the events go. 

Also as stated before, people have been getting jobs, or have been busy with family/ friend life. Like most of us, we aren't gonna put video games ahead of our life. We got stuff to do, and we aren't gonna sit around all day worrying about a game. We have tried to work together even with the situations, but either way it's just not working out. As I said, I hope you guys can understand, and we apologize that you guys still want to run in this league. But we aren't gonna stress over it, and run events that aren't gonna be up to our standard.

Thank you to everyone that has helped out, Tharindu, John Dough, Devin Doss, Mason Watts, Klayton Halog, Blair Lockhart, Julio Vellon Jr., Nicholas Kozak, Aaron Lurie, Jon Cannon, Edy Beltran, and many others! It was fun while it lasted, and it was worth every minute of it! Thanks to everyone who ran with us from the start! Means a lot on how much you guys believed on the league, and kept with us even when we had issues. Like I stated, the league will go on halt, but that doesn't mean its the end. Hopefully we will be back. We aren't sure if we are gonna run from where we left of, or if we are gonna restart Season 2. But again, Thanks Everyone! Hate to stop it like this. But as for now, its over. We will post updates on what will happen with Summer Stadium Racing Series here in this thread. The decision was made between Tharindu and I, since we are the people really in control of the whole league at the moment. This is the best choice we could go for, and hopefully you all can understand.

Again, Thank you all.

-Johan Seminario, Tharindu Don, SSRS Staff

• Upvote 13

Well that sucks. But I and hopefully everyone on the site can understand why you would need to halt. I've recently gotten a job myself, haven't started it but im almost certain it will be a night shift. But however if there is anything I can do to help you have my contact info.

Well Said Sir. There were a few events that felt like they dragged on and many officials themselves wanted to go home, however, they were already home. Anywho, a good break for this league should get things sorted out.

• Upvote 1

SSRS has always been enjoyable to me, be it watching the livestreams or trying to qualify into an event, with little or no success be myself, but the events and league in general were always put together in such great fashion. Always a way to have a good time, even if you weren't racing. Hope you guys can get everything worked out alright; sorry to have to see a good thing go on halt for a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope Danny Mackey is ok. I bet he's going through a lot right now. I hope he's ok.

Yeah I don't know if he is going to make it through. The lack of internet he is going through might cause him to have some sort of reaction that could possibly end his life. #pray4danny

amdenny amded.

amkill. so saed.

Yeah I don't know if he is going to make it through. The lack of internet he is going through might cause him to have some sort of reaction that could possibly end his life. #pray4danny

Mentally ok.