V4 Truckfile tweaking/update

Outlawed

game doesn't recognize anything past 1.0 for power multiplier, max RPM has a 1.25x multiplier so if you want 8500 you have to divide it by 1.25 and ingame the engine in neutral powers up well past 1000rpm for idle.

Go read the wiki page for ROR truck files, its just like people putting a value higher then 1 for inbound and outbound on the shocks, it does nothing.

Anyway's I retweaked the torque curve again, also tinkered with the engine inertia and the type from car back to truck. Does not feel as sluggish off the get go but still feels like it accelerates a tick to fast in second.

thoughts? 

i understand what you are saying with what the wiki says kozak but i  have done my own experiments on editing torque curves, and if you go in and test a truck, say put the curve 900, 1               go in game and drive it then go out and change it to 900, 2       it will accelerate much more quickly

So during the past week I had a couple of nights of downtime during my 4th move in 3 years and decided to tinker with a stock V4 truckfile. My aim was to provide a more proper feeling truck but without suspension changes or node/beam edits, with the conclusion of SMRA and before SSRS shut down, people have been wanting a more realistic event from people but the trucks do 70+mph, have tires that try to peel off the rim like gum stuck between concrete and a shoe and slide like a car from Tokyo Drift.

Here is the truck file that I will copy paste here for people that want to try it out and provide some feedback if they would like. It uses the V4 Maniac truck as a base so aslong as you have that it will spawn correctly.

Boring part incoming but here is what I changed vs a stock V4 truck:

-Max RPM changed from 2600 to 6000 (there is a 1.25 multiplier here so with the multiplier it makes the redline 8500)

-Torque changed from 11500 to 9000

-Differential gearing changed from 4.30 to 6.10

-Reverse gear changed from 5.0 to 9.5

-First gear changed from 3.06 to 6.8

-Second gear changed from 2.13 to 4.3

-Clutch Force changed from 5000 to 4500

-Shift Time, Clutch Time and Post Shift Time slightly altered

-Torque curve changed from turbogas to a custom rpm range I made

-Brake force changed from 42000 to 85000

-Traction for front tires changed from 1.3 to 1.6 and rear tires changed from 1.8 to 2.0

-Tire weight changed from 272.7 to 381.0

-Tire spring (stiffness) changed from 150000 to 200000

-Tire dampening changed from 1100 to 1250

Please understand that this is just a generic thing and I am not going to go to crazy with this (however what I learn here will help with further projects and maybe even stir up some people to try to help make these things better) but if you would like to give or leave some feedback by all means please feel free.

havent read all of the comments so maybe youve edited it but can u put one up so i can put these settings on any truck

please ?

i understand what you are saying with what the wiki says kozak but i  have done my own experiments on editing torque curves, and if you go in and test a truck, say put the curve 900, 1               go in game and drive it then go out and change it to 900, 2       it will accelerate much more quickly

engine inertia did the samething for me.

Devin the first post has the stuff you need to copy paste into a pre existing truck file to make it work.

Sorry for my first rude comment Klayton. This is actually a lot of fun now that realize it's going for a more realistic, more real feeling  truck. I Really like the new tweaks you made. It seems air braking actually does a little bit more now :).