Sim Monsters BeamNG

supercharge71

I know this was talked about in the past but an Idea hit me that I thought would be pretty cool. So, in BeamNG you can add/change/remove different parts of your vehicle. Well, I think it would be awesome if Sim-monsters one day converted to that, we would be able to get WAY more realistic with the trucks like for example we would be able to equip travel tires and drive the truck into a hauler and since the BeamNG maps are pretty big we may be able to fit 2 tracks far apart so you can drive you truck there unload it put the 66s on it and roll out. This is just a cool little idea that popped into my head, tell me what you guys think. Plus, we could finally have actual crush cars that degrade over time. :)

Video of a current monster truck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDl11O2vP_g

Here is an extra video that I thought was cool(has nothing to do with monster trucks): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjDHSujYdBU

Why does it suck now? If you don't mind me asking.

The utilities aren't quite there yet. There are no real working visual JBeam editor which hurts. JBeams are the equivalent to RoR's Node/Beams. The lack of commands means there couldn't be independent rear steer. There's a lot more. But basically, the game is still an alpha and until it gets updated more and some of these features are added to the game, it's just not worth the time.  

• Upvote 2

The utilities aren't quite there yet. There are no real working visual JBeam editor which hurts. JBeams are the equivalent to RoR's Node/Beams. The lack of commands means there couldn't be independent rear steer. There's a lot more. But basically, the game is still an alpha and until it gets updated more and some of these features are added to the game, it's just not worth the time.  

Oh ok, hey I've got a quick question...why are all the trucks missing the axle straps?Would they be to hard to make? You know the ones that basically hold the axle from exceeding the maximum shock length. JW

Oh ok, hey I've got a quick question...why are all the trucks missing the axle straps?Would they be to hard to make? You know the ones that basically hold the axle from exceeding the maximum shock length. JW

In Rigs of Rods? Well some people made them for their trucks, some don't. I couldn't really tell you why people don't put them on, because it does seem pretty necessary to have. 

another thing is why change sim monsters to a beamng site from ror... plus not everyones computer can support beamng like they can ror

That's not really the main concern. When it comes to advancements, I am personally all for the content being 100% quality. PC gaming now a days comes with a price. There really is no way to sugar coat that fact. 

• Upvote 2

All I know is we've reached the limits of what RoR can handle, BeamNG is not currently an option, and we need something new if we want to use the higher quality trucks and tracks the community is putting out. Building a new game would require a lot of work, but may be the best idea at this point.

Too bad we're all so lazy >.>

BeamNG is preparing for a rather major update.

They already have underwent some good overhauls.

The physics engine is in the works for new friction models and tire work etc,

The game now has a working User Interface and not needing to memorize controls as much as the earlier alpha.

Current update is 0.3.4.0 aka "Pre-Race"

The Race Update will include a working racing system for laps and timing as well as an AI racing system.

This is something RoR did not have. Offline play will now be key as well for Sim-Monsters, the game preprograms the AI.

There is a limiting strap node beam set-up floating around, but I haven't seen an actual limiting strap model yet. I vaguely remember someone saying RockCrwlr making a whole limiting strap set-up, but I'm not sure if that happened, or how far along it got.  

All I know is we've reached the limits of what RoR can handle, BeamNG is not currently an option, and we need something new if we want to use the higher quality trucks and tracks the community is putting out. Building a new game would require a lot of work, but may be the best idea at this point.

Too bad we're all so lazy >.>

If I had a dollar for every person that has said that.

Judging by the other cars for RoR we haven't even reached 1/2 the potential for RoR. We have plenty of room to improve, and IMO arnt even close to the 'limits'. If Beam ever materialized it could be the next step, but right now it isnt. 

If I had a dollar for every person that has said that.

Judging by the other cars for RoR we haven't even reached 1/2 the potential for RoR. We have plenty of room to improve, and IMO arnt even close to the 'limits'. If Beam ever materialized it could be the next step, but right now it isnt. 

Exactly. We haven't even come close to reaching half of the potential. But the thing is, in the new age of gaming, Ogre3D is just out of date.