Rigs Of Rods Screenshot Showcase Thread

Patriotic Canadian

So, I decided to have a little retro fun on St. Louis 1999 with the crush able cars(I added a few rows of cars). Unfortunately, I was pressing f12 instead of Prt Scrn so I have no photos of the before, but enjoy!

screenshot_2017-02-27_18-22-42_1_zps25d0screenshot_2017-02-27_18-23-49_1_zpskhwk

Aftermath

screenshot_2017-02-27_18-38-34_1_zpsuuiwscreenshot_2017-02-27_18-38-42_1_zpswf8ascreenshot_2017-02-27_18-38-47_1_zps31cbscreenshot_2017-02-27_18-38-50_1_zpsqryb

(Yes, I know Bob and Tom is the newest truck by a few years in the photos, but oh well. Plus I had a crash that ended it right where it is, so I figured why not add it)

screenshot_2017-02-27_18-39-40_1_zps8upjscreenshot_2017-02-27_18-39-47_1_zpsus1b

Was a lot of fun to do this, even though I was getting like 10-20 fps.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

Damn dude, how do you make your screenshots look so good?! Amazing!

I'll tell you how I do that. Basically, I make sure my FSAA is all the way up (4 on my side, since I just have a 2011 ASUS K53E laptop, and sadly the integrated graphics card on this thing sucks badly compared to modern day graphic cards), then I spawn both the truck I want to take a picture of, as well as a vehicle that has a pitched inner camera (in this case, the stripped Gavril Bandit), and after I get the right angle set up, I move the camera to where I want the pic. After that, I floor it and time the snapshot just right, then the pic goes into Paint.NET, where I use the "Lasso Select" tool to copy the truck, set it on another layer, and then erase whatever is surrounding it. Finally, I blur the background and put the two layers together, as well as adding a little glow to make the picture all neat. :)

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ShawnVallance said:

I'll tell you how I do that. Basically, I make sure my FSAA is all the way up (4 on my side, since I just have a 2011 ASUS K53E laptop, and sadly the integrated graphics card on this thing sucks badly compared to modern day graphic cards), then I spawn both the truck I want to take a picture of, as well as a vehicle that has a pitched inner camera (in this case, the stripped Gavril Bandit), and after I get the right angle set up, I move the camera to where I want the pic. After that, I floor it and time the snapshot just right, then the pic goes into Paint.NET, where I use the "Lasso Select" tool to copy the truck, set it on another layer, and then erase whatever is surrounding it. Finally, I blur the background and put the two layers together, as well as adding a little glow to make the picture all neat. :)

WOW that's a long process. But if it makes your stuff look that real and amazing, I say worth!

Like dis? ;D

VobDjuu.png

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Mr. Self Destruct said:

WOW that's a long process. But if it makes your stuff look that real and amazing, I say worth!

Like dis? ;D

Exactly like that! :D I almost forgot to mention, but I also use the feather tool on the truck itself, and I make sure it's on "1".

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2017 at 7:51 PM, ShawnVallance said:

whats the purpose of the vehicle that has a pitched inner camera if your going to change the camera anyway? Or even spawning a vehicle like that?