Rigs Of Rods Screenshot Showcase Thread

Patriotic Canadian

4 hours ago, monsterjam16' said:

whats the purpose of the vehicle that has a pitched inner camera if your going to change the camera anyway? Or even spawning a vehicle like that?

Why? Because I really like slightly pitched camera angles, and it gives the overall picture a unique perspective. :P

On 3/5/2017 at 2:03 PM, monsterjam16' said:

whats the purpose of the vehicle that has a pitched inner camera if your going to change the camera anyway? Or even spawning a vehicle like that?

Because it adds a slant that's appealing to the eye.

• Upvote 1

On 3/3/2017 at 10:51 PM, ShawnVallance said:

I'll tell you how I do that. Basically, I make sure my FSAA is all the way up (4 on my side, since I just have a 2011 ASUS K53E laptop, and sadly the integrated graphics card on this thing sucks badly compared to modern day graphic cards), then I spawn both the truck I want to take a picture of, as well as a vehicle that has a pitched inner camera (in this case, the stripped Gavril Bandit), and after I get the right angle set up, I move the camera to where I want the pic. After that, I floor it and time the snapshot just right, then the pic goes into Paint.NET, where I use the "Lasso Select" tool to copy the truck, set it on another layer, and then erase whatever is surrounding it. Finally, I blur the background and put the two layers together, as well as adding a little glow to make the picture all neat. :)

You've been dong this for a while so you probably already know, but there's an easier way to tilt the camera than to have to spawn a Gavril in. You can just use any interior cam but the the vehicle on an angle before you go into free cam. In other words you can just put one side of the truck on a low obstacle and go into free cam to achieve the same effect without having to spawn multiple vehicles.

Unless something has changed since I played RoR xD

4 hours ago, NavySonicShell said:

You've been dong this for a while so you probably already know, but there's an easier way to tilt the camera than to have to spawn a Gavril in. You can just use any interior cam but the the vehicle on an angle before you go into free cam. In other words you can just put one side of the truck on a low obstacle and go into free cam to achieve the same effect without having to spawn multiple vehicles.

Unless something has changed since I played RoR xD

Yeah, I've been aware of that technique too, it's just kinda hard to lose the habit the way I do it, but then again, it's been done like that for a good two or so years. XD