Klayton

After constant crashing on tracks with no explanation in the RoR log, I have come to the conclusion that the extremely outdated version we are currently using does not support new materials as much (I cannot update SUD with new materials). This is a chance for many of us to move over to a more updated, more optimized version of Rigs of Rods. Sure .038 is stable but it does not like current engine settings and trucks are way too fast. There is so much potential for SM if we move (i.e breakables, adjust sky settings, ingame visual debugs for easier modding, more optimization). Express your comments and/or concerns

• Upvote 7

Im all for moving. I never use 37 and only have it for if i decide to start joing fun runs and leagues again at some point but for every time i play i have been using 38.67 with only very few problems on a small handful of trucks and like 3 tracks. As far as lag goes on 38.67 i get a much smoother online experience then i did back with 37.XX

Finally, someone decides to get the ball rolling. I know, everyone's all worried about a new version. But, think about it like this; this newer version is much more optimized than the 37.1?? we are currently using. If you're someone with a computer like mine, you'll get lag over obstacles with a lot of detail. 39.5 doesn't do that; I have it, I know this for a fact. The fact that the breakables (or anything, really) would work better and everything would look/run better overall is amazing. I'll all for moving up.

Why not switch to a better game engine?  While rigs of rods allowed us to expand the monster truck simulation/game freeware market, there's other engines out that allow for track deformation, light sources, etc.. at a better optimized state.  We've got the truck models (more specifically chassis), it'd just be about figuring the physics and little bit of coding that would be necessary which I'm sure if we asked for help we might be able to get it.  Just my 2 cents.  

• Upvote 2

I am up for the change. What I think we should do, though, is get the group we had working on the packs together, along with some new people possibly, to get all the trucks working properly in the new version before the whole community surges to the new version. Once everything is in place, then we can have the community switch as a whole.

• Upvote 2

I am up for the change. What I think we should do, though, is get the group we had working on the packs together, along with some new people possibly, to get all the trucks working properly in the new version before the whole community surges to the new version. Once everything is in place, then we can have the community switch as a whole.

Chris made the verison of V4 for 38, which would also work for 39. It would then be simple for add-ons, as the error should explain what parts are missing. (Parts not being in the zip are a common cause for crashes.)

Edit: (http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/files/file/1399-sim-monsters-v4-038-compatible/) Here's a link.