Klayton

Alright so after spending around 20 minutes on .39.5, I probably won't be using .37 again except only for league events. Here's why:

-The game is brighter than 0.37 because of optimized materials (don't believe me? try it.)

-Really nice HUD (http://puu.sh/b2rjL/2f13ce371d.png)

-The ROR character is swagging (http://puu.sh/b2rmh/37fdaebca5.png)

-Better FPS (I went from 43fps in .37 maxed out to 73 in .39 maxed out)

-Physics stay the same like .37

-Nicer menus

-More multiplayer servers 

Overall, I think we should really really really consider switching to .39.5 because its amazing. I don't see how its buggy because its not and if you don't believe me, download it yourself and try it out. I for one will probably never use .37 again except for league events now. 

Also seriously LOOK AT THIS

2b94f56c7d.jpg

Tell me that face doesn't make you want to switch over.

EDIT: Just got my server to work, so that means league events could work.

• Upvote 4

Alright so after spending around 20 minutes on .39.5, I probably won't be using .37 again except only for league events. Here's why:

-The game is brighter than 0.37 because of optimized materials (don't believe me? try it.)

-Really nice HUD (http://puu.sh/b2rjL/2f13ce371d.png)

-The ROR character is absolutely smashing (http://puu.sh/b2rmh/37fdaebca5.png)

-Better FPS (I went from 43fps in .37 maxed out to 73 in .39 maxed out)

-Physics stay the same like .37

-Nicer menus

-More multiplayer servers 

Overall, I think we should really really really consider switching to .39.5 because its amazing. I don't see how its buggy because its not and if you don't believe me, download it yourself and try it out. I for one will probably never use .37 again except for league events now. 

Also seriously LOOK AT THIS

2b94f56c7d.jpg

Tell me that face doesn't make you want to switch over.

I swear to god all of the simmonsters trucks better not screw up 39.5 when I play this. By the way, that dudes face made me want 39

After trying 39.5, i have to say, GET 39.5! This is extremely fast (Fps wise). I'm now able to run even the laggiest trucks. But, you will need to redownload some sound packs. it took my sounds away (which means some trucks will crash unless u redownload some sound packs). There are absolutely NO BUGS. I highly suggest 39.5

Being the person who converted the V4 Pack to work on 0.38, I guess I should voice an opinion as well. I'm all for a switch in general. Whether it be to 0.38.67, or 0.39.5, I'm willing to go with an update. 0.37 is incredibly dated and not optimized for all the stuff we are trying to make it do. All the textures, these high quality trucks that people make, it just can't handle it. Having not been able to try 0.39.5 yet because of school, I'd have to give it a go, which I'll post again when I can. Since Tharindu got a server working on 0.39, I honestly see no big issue switching. But even if you are still hesitant after all the feedback, just give it a try. Not giving anything a chance won't allow for progress, and would be stuck on the same thing. Judging by the feedback, my converted V4 pack seems to work with 0.39, and the tracks work as well. So, let's try this new version of Rigs of Rods out! :D

Damn. Was just messing with 39.5 and love it. Not a whole lot of a jump going from 38.67-39.5 but its enough im done using 38. When Meshes collide i no longer drop to 14FPS. It seems to look at least a little better then 38. And i like the FPS boost even if it is a small one for me (112FPS now to 123 FPS on CWF7 with Digger 19 update) and i love the new HUD.

As long as we can all get tracks and trucks to work excellently in this version of RoR and we can try to figure out all bugs and any issues with them as a group (a cooperative, mature group), I'm all for upgrading. New gaming engine, new start. I'm game.