Help with custom Logitech G27 keymap?

jago107

Question

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about this. But I'm looking for someone with knowledge about the Logitech G27 wheel/pedals/shifter set. I want to make a custom keymap just for monster trucks and none of the G27 keymaps I've seen are right. Maybe if someone is already running the keymap I'm going to describe, or something close, maybe they could share it with me and we could make it work?

I'm gonna skip the obvious stuff like front steering, gas, and brakes. I'd like to have the padal shifters be the rear steering controls, with the left padal being turning the rear wheels to the right which would make the truck turn to the left, and the opposite on the right padal. Then I'd like to have up and down shifting be the middle buttons on the steering wheel, up on the right button and down on the left button. I'd like to have ignition on the left red button on the shifter and then starter would be the right red button. Reset/Repair I would like on the top black button on the shifter. And if it's even possible, it would be awesome to have shortcuts to reverse gear and second gear mapped to the red buttons on the steering wheel, let's say the top buttons, left for reverse and right for second. I think that's all I'd really need. The only other thing would be the proper setting for the force feedback to get true 900 degree turning out of it.

If anyone could help with this, I'd really appreciate it.

7 answers to this question

I use the g27, I haven't in about 4 months so I may not be correct anymore. the shifter doesn't work I think. But you need to make sure that you have rigs of rods in the Logitech profiler. Then find the key map on the software in the rigs file. Then open the configuration in the ror program and have fun. Any more help, I'll be here all day.

Ps. Rear steer with paddle shifters isn't fun, make sure you have your rotation if wheel set to about 89. That's as close as the game can get to real life.

Let me know if it works, I'm going to try this tonight. I had to wipe hdd so I lost everything when I rebuilt my PC.

89 degrees of rotation? That is absurd. Also, saying the shifter doesn't work is also completely false.

I have been using a G27 for one of the longest times out of anyone else on here. I have uploaded my keymap for it to the site, I'll post a link later in the post. I have never needed to make sure RoR was in the Logitech Profiler. I use my shifter to shift gears, which is what I recommend. I would not recomment using the Paddles as rear steer buttons, since that means you have to have 2 hands on the wheel at all times to effectively use rear steer. Whenever I drive in RoR, I ALWAYS run 320 degrees of rotation. Check out my keymap, I have photos included labeling what each button is mapped to. Give it a try, and you can edit from there. 

http://sim-monsters.com/index.php?/files/file/702-logitech-g27-map/

I do not use force feedback in ROR and the amount of wheel rotation will be different from person to person, I run 254-261. The link Mark posted for the controller map works, I do not know what your doing wrong (maybe check your pedals to make sure they are plugged in and working correctly as per the logitech profiler). Make sure the proper folder, My Documents/Rigs of Rod/Config and that you imported the keymap in the ROR config.

I got the wheel rotation down. That's not an issue anymore. It's the gas and brake pedals I need to get straightened out now. They do somewhat work, so I don't think there's anything wrong with them being plugged in properly. I think it's the setting in the config file that's causing them to function strangely. It seems like both gas and brake pedals effect the accelleration of the truck. If I hold the brake pedal down, it does nothing really. However, if I hold the brake and the gas pedals, the truck will slowly accellerate. But then if I let off the brake and keep holding the gas, the truck accellerates to top speed. But the brake pedal won't accually make the truck slow down at all. Looking in the config file, each pedal is mapped differently. I believe it's referred to as JoystickAxis 0 1 and 0 2, where 0 1 is the gas pedal, and 0 2 is the brake pedal. Both are set with REVERSE+DEADZONE=0.5. I got the Logitech Profiler but it doesn't seem to recognize the wheel even when it's plugged in. I had the wheel all plugged in and it even did the thing it does when it's started up where it'll turn the wheel all the way in both directions and then back to center, but the Profiler wouldn't recognize that it was there. I'm also experiencing a problem where all of the red buttons on each side of the wheel do the same functions even though I have them mapped for different functions. I don't know what's causing that either.