Building a Gaming PC

Nascarfan98

Then raise a little and get a 270x or 270, i dont know what the 6970 is even gonna able to run. Also dont wast money on a Titan, thats for a good balance of gaming and other crazy stuff. Get a 980 or even a 980ti if thats out by then. Much better than the Titan for gaming.

• 1 month later...

Here are my final specs for the build. I have tested the 6970 on a friends computer and it can run newer games medium-high depending on the games specs so im gonna stick with it for now till i can upgrade that, also in the future i plan to upgrade my cpu cooling to water cooling so i can overclock it but for now this is what i have

Case: Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower 

PSU: SeaSonic M12II 850 SS-850AM 850W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Full-Modular Active PFC FULL-modular Power Supply

CPU: Intel Core I7-4820k Ivy Bridge-E 3.7GHz LGA 2011 Socket

Heatsink: EVERCOOL NI2011E-9525EP 95mm Sleeve CPU Cooler 

Motheboard: EVGA 132-SE-E775-RX LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Graphics Card:  PowerColor AX6970 2GBD5-2DHE Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

Ram:  HyperX Fury Series 8GB DDR3-1866 

• 2 weeks later...

Get a 2TB hardrive and throw 16GB of RAM. Heres how RAM works, RAM basically is the speed of your computer. The higher the RAM the less the graphics card has to go to the processor for memory so the faster it goes. My rig at the moment that im building is this

Case: A31 Thermaltake

Processor: FX-8350 4.0ghz 8 core

Graphics Card: Gtx 580

Hard drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600

Power Supply: Corsair 500W

Mother Board: ASRock 970 Pro3 AM3+

Sound Card: Asus Xonar DSX

Total: $852.00

By the way you are paying way to much for that Intel Processor. Mine is only going to be $170.00

Actually I got that processor on sale for 200 at Micro Center, I saw the specs and I was like why not?

Plus I prefer Intel over AMD. I only got a Radeon because it was the best price and spec for the budget i was on

And i've done comparisons with different GPU's through GPU Boss and I've decided that the best way to go is a GTX 980 because it has the best performance from what I've seen. But the 6970 will do fine for now till then since I'm not getting any huge titles as of right now